Going rate for tiling

autumn

What is the going rate for labour for tiling a kitchen . Are charges normally by the metre ,does having extra electric sockets to tile round increase the rate ?

Thank you !

Guy I use for my tiling just charges for day regardless of what he has to tile round his rate is £80 a day

£400 is a rip off!

Yes, but £80.00 is too cheap.

Get more quotes if your not happy with the price, but if I was quoted £80.00 alarm bells would ring whether your getting a Jack or a proper tiler.

Does no harm getting a few more quotes.

Chris

Yes, but £80.00 is too cheap.

Get more quotes if your not happy with the price, but if I was quoted £80.00 alarm bells would ring whether your getting a Jack or a proper tiler.

Does no harm getting a few more quotes.

Chris

the £80 is labour only not materials so a good rate

the £80 is labour only not materials so a good rate

I gathered that.

Still a poor rate for a tradesmen, £64.00 after tax, I pay labourers near enough that.

Drive to job, Setting up, sheeting up, marking out, cutting and sticking tiles, sockets cuts, grouting, tools away, clean up and off.

All for about £55 after tax and fuel, earn more on checkout at Aldi

I gathered that.

Still a poor rate for a tradesmen, £64.00 after tax, I pay labourers near enough that.

Drive to job, Setting up, sheeting up, marking out, cutting and sticking tiles, sockets cuts, grouting, tools away, clean up and off.

All for about £55 after tax and fuel, earn more on checkout at Aldi

I pay him cash in hand

£80 will be for cash and more than likely mates rates. It might be only 5m2 but it is the cuts that take up the time. Once fitted there will be a wait for the adhesive to set before you can grout and then there may be some siliconing. So it may be an easy days work but all the same it will occupy a tiler for a day.

Labour only including his specialized tools and van you can expect at least £120 for a proper tiler.

Hydroleak above is a first class tiler, he did my bathroom conversion. Absolutely superb!

i know mac-plas, very professional attitude to his work.