Residential Robbery in S8

Because they take over an hour to come, by that time you will have cleared up as you don't want to sit in your house with your belongings strewn everywhere. Therefore evidence is gone, if they even decide to look for any. Usually it's a crime number and that's it. Pretty pointless imo.

Sorry to hear about the burglary. As one poster said always best to keep a backup, not only because of theft but also because there are chances your software could become corrupt resulting in a clean install or the hardrive failing.

The Police only have very limited resources so can't be everywhere at once. Turning up an hour after reporting a burglary is a fairly good response if you ask me.

I'm so sorry to hear this, as usually its such good area.I must admit over the last two months we have had hardly any street lighting, I'm fed up complaining to the council who have now told me its N powers fault. Apart from this being a burglers paradise I think its very dangerous for anyone even walking about as you can't see anything. It doesn't help you I know but I hope the thieving scumbags get caught....A

The Police only have very limited resources so can't be everywhere at once. Turning up an hour after reporting a burglary is a fairly good response if you ask me.

They have limited resources, yes. You say this but the amount of police I see sitting on the side of the road doing nothing but going on their phone is crazy. Not traffic cars either, just your normal patrol cars.

They have limited resources, yes. You say this but the amount of police I see sitting on the side of the road doing nothing but going on their phone is crazy. Not traffic cars either, just your normal patrol cars.

We're based in the city centre near West Bar and its constant sirens all day & night.

They seem pretty busy to be honest.

They put the sirens on to get to the chip shop faster. I went in Burger King yesterday and it was full of police. If we had a proper police force the miscreants that burgled the OP would be behind bars by now.

Just like the McDonald's on Handsworth. Always in the carpark sitting there. Saw three cars at once on time

They put the sirens on to get to the chip shop faster. I went in Burger King yesterday and it was full of police. If we had a proper police force the miscreants that burgled the OP would be behind bars by now.

How much do you think a Police force big with enough resources to do this would cost the tax payer?

Well the tax payer has just paid £1.6 million for tablets for South Yorkshire Police. £2500 per tablet, the most expensive tablet out there is an iPad which would cost around £700 with the biggest memory. Taking into account they need software fair enough but that doesn't cost the rest of the £1800 per tablet. I wonder where that has gone. Anyway, it's meant to keep them on the beat. Still long responce times? I think it's just an excuse for them to play candy crush while eating their McDonald's.

Edited by seanovshef12

Also heard Co-op on Derbyshire Lane also got robbed last night!

Well the tax payer has just paid £1.6 million for tablets for South Yorkshire Police. £2500 per tablet, the most expensive tablet out there is an iPad which would cost around £700 with the biggest memory. Taking into account they need software fair enough but that doesn't cost the rest of the £1800 per tablet. I wonder where that has gone. Anyway, it's meant to keep them on the beat. Still long responce times? I think it's just an excuse for them to play candy crush while eating their McDonald's.

Where do you get that idea from? Have a look.

You can't give people that are out all day an iPad or whatever, it wouldn't last a month. You are also conveniently forgetting the reason for the tablets: This way they can file reports whilst out and about, without having to waste time, petrol and effort to get into the office and do it there.

In other words, it makes the police more efficient.

The Police as in most public organisations get screwed on the prices they have to pay for tech equipment. What would cost you or me £1500 costs them nearer £2500 because they have to purchase it from an authorised supplier. It stinks if you ask me!

Some scumbags broken into our house and taken anything valuable they can find including my laptop (samsung) with every picture I've ever taken of the boys on it, 2 leappads 2 and ultra, all my jewelery including a Thomas sabo charm bracelet, a pandora charm bracelet and ring...... can give details of charms to anyone by pm but if anyone is offered anything similar to buy can you please please let me or Liam Ward know....... The laptop in particular is worth more than you can know...... thankyou xxxx

Sorry to hear this princess :(

More and more robberies happening of late, it would seem :shakes:

I know it's late advice, but backing up photos onto a secondary hard drive and also drop box, an online storage facility, is worth doing in future.