Thieving scroats

Beware, thieves are taking advantage of the bad weather!

Last night we had a roll of approx 20 feet of wire fencing stolen. It was attached to metal fencing and would have taken a while to remove! The police have been swamped with calls this weekend apparantly. It doesn't help that we have a public footpath that cuts between mine and another property....If I find out who it is I'll wire their <REMOVED> up to the mains and fry em!!!:rant::mad::suspect:

Edited by alternageek
masked swearing

its a disgrace,take it the police are not intrested.

Oh here we go again. Another thread full of Police Bashing.

Ok, prey tell oh mighty experts What exactly are the police supposed to do with this?

Its been less than 24 hours. Fencing stolen does not hit the top of the priority list such as person attacked, person assaulted, suspect in pursuit.

Its been reported and they will commence their investigations. What more do you want. Round the clock surveillance? SWAT team screaming round looking for the suspects?

It's the fact that the police are impotent that gives scrotes the idea that they can steal with impunity. What's the worse they can fear? 3 months in what we laughably call "prisons"? Being told they are "naughty boys" by a social worker?

Its been less than 24 hours. Fencing stolen does not hit the top of the priority list such as person attacked, person assaulted, suspect in pursuit.

So it isn't police bashing then, just an accurate (if colloquial) statement.

At least, it wasn't police bashing. There was no fight until you picked it.

Edited by kered9

So it isn't police bashing then, just an accurate (if colloquial) statement.

At least, it wasn't police bashing. There was no fight until you picked it.

"...they couldn't care less"

I take that as Police bashing.

How does x person know "they could not care less" its been less than 24 hours. What do they expect to happen? How do they know what is and what isn't been done by the police for a non urgent theft crime

yes, I said it. Those two words which sum up exactly what this is. NON URGENT.

Oh and then along comes the predictable...

It's the fact that the police are impotent that gives scrotes the idea that they can steal with impunity. What's the worse they can fear? 3 months in what we laughably call "prisons"? Being told they are "naughty boys" by a social worker?

Yes, the resident forum right winger.

So HH, prey tell what you expect a petty thief to get these days. 2 years? Life sentence? Hands chopped off?

I'm totally sick of it. The police (in fact the entire legal system) is facing massively difficult problems, even more so with the cuts.

The people out there doing the job are worked to the bone yet all they get is they are too controlling or not controlling enough. They are always present harassing and challenging "innocent" people going about their business but they are never there when you need them. They waste their time dealing with petty crimes when they should be out there catching the "real criminals" but then are never there attending to petty theft within two seconds of an incident happening..... ..... ...... on and on and on it goes.

Who the hell would want to work in anything that is about the words "serving the public" is beyond me.

With the constant attitudes and criticism they get I don't know how they stop themselves telling the public to chuff off.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 months would be an appropriate sentence if it was in solitary confinement. 3 months in a prison where they are given free association with other scrotes achieves nothing except making them more likely to become long-term offenders.

---------- Post added 11-01-2015 at 18:41 ----------

I will admit that sometimes it is not the police at fault but the system and the institutions they work within. Obviously police officers do not decide sentencing or prison conditions, and I'm sure the average beat copper would largely agree with me in this regard. But the police really don't do themselves any favours a lot of the time.

3 months would be an appropriate sentence if it was in solitary confinement. 3 months in a prison where they are given free association with other scrotes achieves nothing except making them more likely to become long-term offenders.

I agree. All they do inside is exchange notes and learn the criminal trade. Its like going on a refresher course with free board and lodgings. I don't believe there is much reform involved. I am not a defeatist. But what can be done?

It maybe be a non urgent crime to you but to a victim it's urgent!