Council Disputes - Tuesday

Note all council services may be disrupted tuesday 28th March 2006 due to industrial action . You are advised to check before using them.

NOTE This will not affect normal bus services as they are not run by the council (ie terrier , first etc )

Yipee!

FREE PARKING ALL OVER SHEFFIELD TOMORROW:thumbsup:

Don't miss out for this one day special, no parking attendants working all day.

There will obviously be Police on duty as they aren't affected by the council strike, but they tend not to bother with parking offences unless they are dangerously parked or causing an obstruction.

I noticed on the very busy main road today that kids were left to cross the road without the aid of the crossing patrol.

That's bad, and I'm suprised that alternative arrangements haven't been made.

I remember when our "lollypop lady" was off sick, a police man would stand in for her.

Mind you, I believe some police staff (not police officers) may be on strike too so the officers will have extra work anyway. Leeds Bradford airport is also affected so if you're planning on flying anywhere today I'd double check what's happening before you set off.

Archived