Response from the Police

Last night a property near us was broken into and when told about it we checked our CCTV and the culprits are shown in fairly clear images.

We passed this information on to the victim and they informed the Police around dinner time today.(12 ish)

We fully expected a visit today from them to look at the images, but as of now this hasn't happened.

Unless they've got the culprits (and I feel we should have been advised of this) I think this is poor and expected better.

I dont expect anything else to be honest. My experience with police has never been great.

I once had footage of someone committing a crime too which was caught using my dash cam. I called the police and was told they'd contact me to organise looking at the footage, yet I didn't hear back from them. I called another 2 times but they never bothered calling me back either time

Hi,

Don't suppose this was in Stannington by any chance? One of my neighbours was burgled and they tried to gain entry to another,

cheers

an6y

Hi,

Don't suppose this was in Stannington by any chance? One of my neighbours was burgled and they tried to gain entry to another,

cheers

an6y

No it wasn't sorry!

Last night a property near us was broken into and when told about it we checked our CCTV and the culprits are shown in fairly clear images.

We passed this information on to the victim and they informed the Police around dinner time today.(12 ish)

We fully expected a visit today from them to look at the images, but as of now this hasn't happened.

Unless they've got the culprits (and I feel we should have been advised of this) I think this is poor and expected better.

Should have mentioned a celebrity name. Helicopters n the lot deployed.:D

No surprise, I was burgled in broad daylight, when I went around my neighbours to warn them to be vigilant and to see if they'd seen anything, a couple had written down the reg of a car being loaded up with stuff at the time, as they thought it looked dodgy, but the police wouldn't even take the reg number, as how are they to know the two are connected?:suspect:

I lost total faith in SYP a long time ago when I was mugged and my sister found a sharpened fork handle on my wheelchair later on. So we called the police and they said to bin it as just like above "we can't prove it was from the same incident"

They should be quicker, but with all the cuts I'm not surprised there's no same-day response.

By the way, proof is important, isn't it? Get that fork handle into a court, and how would it survive a defence lawyer asking what proof there was that it had anything to do with the incident? Unless it was likely to carry fingerprints or DNA evidence, it's probably next to useless.

They should be quicker, but with all the cuts I'm not surprised there's no same-day response.

By the way, proof is important, isn't it? Get that fork handle into a court, and how would it survive a defence lawyer asking what proof there was that it had anything to do with the incident? Unless it was likely to carry fingerprints or DNA evidence, it's probably next to useless.

But they didn't ask to take it in to test for DNA etc

The garage across from my kept getting stuff nicked from the scrap bin. (I know it's only scrap but the garage have every right to cash it in them self) one day, Well it was Boxing Day last year a van pulled on the forecourt and a man got out and took the scrap by placing it in the back of his truck. There was a small child and a jack Russell dog in the van too. All this caught on cctv. The only thing not caught on cctv was the reg number on the van. That's where I came in. I seen the van and wrote down the Reg! The police went to a few local scrap yards and one of them gave the name of the guy and the scrap back as evidence! The cps did not press charges due to lack of evidence lol

The incident may have been passed down the line to an underling who, a week later possibly, may get around to doing the dogsbody work of looking at endless CCTV coverage.

I've also been told by a pub I go to that the police have requested footage after an incident only to never have them come and pick up the footage.