Miners Arms (The Wragg?) Stocksbridge??

Hi guys,

I registered because my nan who is now 93 used to live at the Miners arms, running the pub before moving to the Isle of Wight.

I want to make a collage of pictures of the pub and surrounding areas for her christmas present, but I can't seem to find any old pictures of it though only recent ones?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Feel free to email me - [email protected]

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex. There is a Stocksbridge and Deepcar Bygone Days Facebook Group which you could maybe join and ask whether anyone has old photographs of 'The Wragg' which comes up in posts regularly. There are lots of old photos on the site too. I'm sure members would love to hear how your nan is getting on.

Hi Alex. There is a Stocksbridge and Deepcar Bygone Days Facebook Group which you could maybe join and ask whether anyone has old photographs of 'The Wragg' which comes up in posts regularly. There are lots of old photos on the site too. I'm sure members would love to hear how your nan is getting on.

It would help if you searched for the right name, the Miners Arms was known locally as the Rag due to a rag hanging on the door for the coal workers to clean their hands on before coming in for a pint.

Does anyone know if our old neighbour "City Grammar" has a similar following to that of CTS?

Edited by helbo

is the Miners still operating?

No closed a while ago

Pub is now a house with another one built and up for sale on the car park