"Back to square one"

trav4

I'll bite Cuttsie, I'm up for an afternoon of fun.

At least our players didn't know the score before a ball was kicked, not just breaking the rules but the law as well.

In fact scrap that, it would spoil an otherwise excellent thread that has been contributed to amicably

by both sides.

Well I was replying to W.D 40 who decided to slag our board of directors off for no apparent reason ;) but as you say it is all being contributed to amicably int it!

This from a supporter (presumably) of Sheffield Wednesday, who were subsidised by the taxman, i.e. you and me. No shame.

I offered Mandaric chance to double the money he paid for Sheffield Wednesday - he refused my £2.00.

I would have thought you being a blade you would have offered the prince the same deal.:)presume you thought wednesday the better deal.

I was at that game and found it highly amusing. Better than some of the full length games I've had to endure over the years.

United were reduced down to less than the required number by a combination of sendings off and injury.

West Brom were, quite rightly, awarded the points so what exactly have they got to moan about?

The git that is Megson made a fool of himself over it so all in all a good day really.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.co.uk%2Fsport%2Fdooley-my-fall-out-with-megson-1-317578&ei=k0aQVOW8DtCy7Qbu0IDwBw&usg=AFQjCNEEgrBLt7W8bSoqg4m9vtXJ-dWg6A&bvm=bv.81828268,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Incidentally, I know something about Megson from a player who played for him at West Brom which proves without a doubt he is as despicable as we Blades always suspected.

Not prepared to post it but I am prepared to PM it if anyone's interested.

Gary Megson,is a full weight.

Shame really, always thought well of his dad, but there you go.

I remember some one on these threads wishing him dead a few years ago.

Now that is what you really call despicable in it!

Well I was replying to W.D 40 who decided to slag our board of directors off for no apparent reason ;) but as you say it is all being contributed to amicably int it!

In order to find out the reason for the tone, and or, attitude of a post, what you need to do is take a look at the post to which it is a reply.

Had you had the commonsense to do that you would have realised that it was in reply to a post from F. Sidebottom.

Up until his post the thread had been a nice friendly discussion about various interesting historical points regarding Sheffield football.

But he couldn't help himself and had to have a dig, I have no problem with that because I enjoy having a dig back, and as there is far more ammunition available to me than those on the other side it's all good stuff. :)

Like to hear my views on people who think their funny by messing with other peoples user names? :)

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 16:07 ----------

I remember some one on these threads wishing him dead a few years ago.

Now that is what you really call despicable in it!

Yes, if true that would indeed be despicable, however it has nothing to do with me and has no effect on my views on Megson.

And believe you me I am not alone in holding those views.

In order to find out the reason for the tone, and or, attitude of a post, what you need to do is take a look at the post to which it is a reply.

Had you had the commonsense to do that you would have realised that it was in reply to a post from F. Sidebottom.

Up until his post the thread had been a nice friendly discussion about various interesting historical points regarding Sheffield football.

But he couldn't help himself and had to have a dig, I have no problem with that because I enjoy having a dig back, and as there is far more ammunition available to me than those on the other side it's all good stuff. :)

Like to hear my views on people who think their funny by messing with other peoples user names? :)

Sorry you are indeed correct, I must learn not to retaliate ,sorry again mjw47.

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 16:10 ----------

Yes, if true that would indeed be despicable, however it has nothing to do with me and has no effect on my views on Megson.

If Megson was still at Hillsbro we would have reached the playoffs at least.

I think you'll find you're wrong......

Sorry you are indeed correct, I must learn not to retaliate ,sorry again mjw47.

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 16:10 ----------

If Megson was still at Hillsbro we would have reached the playoffs at least.

Absolutely no need to apologise I never take offence at comments on this forum.

However I appreciate your doing so and it shows a class sadly lacking in some. :)

Have I , well I will leave it at that then as it will just lead to holidays .

There can be no "holidays" issued if you back up your assertion with facts ie the name of the thread so we can see you haven't just plucked it out of thin air to derail this thread.

This from a man who castigated football hooligans (quite rightly so) as being the scum of society and responsible for footballs woes just two days ago and then proudly proclaims that he and his associates in drink went into a public house to "offer out" a party of men that had looked at them and publicly brawled in the street outside of the pub in full view of passers by.

Double standards indeed.