2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Hi twirler thanks for the update, can you do me a favour and let me know how bad Peterborough is I'm here for another 7 hours and will just come back to sheffield if anything big is going to hit,any thanks again for the updates

I think you'll be okay, P'boro is not seeing any snow at the moment but just up the road in Spalding is getting a bit currently and the fronts coming in off the sea could be anything by then so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, but I would be very surprised if it gave anything more than short bursts tonight.

I think you'll be okay, P'boro is not seeing any snow at the moment but just up the road in Spalding is getting a bit currently and the fronts coming in off the sea could be anything by then so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, but I would be very surprised if it gave anything more than short bursts tonight.

Well as it happens I'm in spalding just used Peterborough to generalise lol but thankyou very much for the updates

Well as it happens I'm in spalding just used Peterborough to generalise lol but thankyou very much for the updates

No worries. The worst of the snow will probably be Lincs/Notts between Spalding and Sheffield, but even that will be a few cm's at most. You'll be fine I reckon mate :)

There are a few bands of light/medium snow still coming off the North Sea but nothing heavy enough to give us anything more than flurries here intermittently.

The big band that everyone was going on about coming down from North of Scotland has been disappointing so far as it has got over the highlands and started to dissipate from one large organised band to two smaller, localised band. Neither of them look to have much chance of getting to us and the bit that probably will pass over us this evening looks to be harmless as it isn't snowing over the Cairngorn mountains, so the chances of it snowing here are quite small.

Will keep an eye on it as always and advise if anything changes but looks like we'll escape it today and there's no threat of disruption to the daily grind or travel conditions for Tuesday.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't even left the house today, so I've no idea how much snow there is left out on the roads etc in my area.

Tonight the winds are blowing from the North East and are set to stay that way for a while yet. There is plenty of precipitation in the North Sea that I reckon could blow over us and give us some flurries but the confidence is low with official weather outlets for it to manage to keep together all the way down here.

Tuesday and Wednesday looks like it could well be nasty again, snow wise. Could be 3rd time lucky in regards to a snow day as parts of Sheffield have been badly affected in one or both of the past two events but we haven't had blanket covering of everywhere yet this year.

It's just above freezing at the moment but tomorrow and Monday nights are going to be bitterly cold, well under freezing and in rural parts might even get down to -10c

Hi Twirler,

Is there still going to be some snow on Wednesday Night leading to a snow day on Thursday? ;)

Thanks

Hi Twirler,

Is there still going to be some snow on Wednesday Night leading to a snow day on Thursday? ;)

Thanks

There will definitely be some snow tomorrow night, unsure how much though, probably not enough for a snow day. In fact I'd be surprised if it was, it's coming in from the North Sea and parts of Lincs have had proper white outs but it just isn't getting this far in large volume.

Chance of a few flurries tonight too. Bad news for people like me who are fed up of having football matches cancelled because of frozen pitches!

There will definitely be some snow tomorrow night, unsure how much though, probably not enough for a snow day. In fact I'd be surprised if it was, it's coming in from the North Sea and parts of Lincs have had proper white outs but it just isn't getting this far in large volume.

Chance of a few flurries tonight too. Bad news for people like me who are fed up of having football matches cancelled because of frozen pitches!

Ok thank you very much for your reply! Your posts are very helpful! :)

I did a tour of Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster and Barnsley today and only saw a light covering in Donny. It seems we got after lightly after last week's coating.

Looks like we had a dusting at Oughtibridge overnight. Looks slippy out though.