2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Just gone up it on the bike, no problem.

Thanks. Gotta go over in an hour so thought I'd best check if I need to walk or if I can do it in the car.

Cheers

Thanks. Gotta go over in an hour so thought I'd best check if I need to walk or if I can do it in the car.

Cheers

No I was kidding! I wouldn't get the bike out in this weather.

No I was kidding! I wouldn't get the bike out in this weather.

Oh! You could have made it obvious... I've seen plenty of nutters doing dafter things than that in the snow so assumed u were genuine. Haha!

Nevermind, I'll go and find out myself.

Couple of hours ago wasnt to good at top of jenkin road

He's probably sleeping all day after his epic stint last night.

:hihi: I did have a bit of a nap this morning but I've been clearing the road outside and then updating my CV as I am being forced into unemployment soon (what economic recovery?).

It's going to continue sleeting all night really and the temps will hover around 1c all night so the snow will very slowly freeze and conditions won't be nice. However the main problem won't be tonight, it will be tomorrow night when it gets to -3c at night and anything that is left on the road will be seriously slippy.

Can I please thank the man who with a jcb with plough attached attempted to clear the side roads in Grenoside today. His kindness is much appreciated :-)

Whats Blackstock like this afternoon, does anyone know? After this mornings adventure i'm hoping they've shifted all the stranded busses and ploughed it. thanks!

It's still snowing in Bents Green/Ringinglow, I thought the forecast was for it to ease off this afternoon and become milder by tomorrow.

Why/how do the forecasters get it wrong and keep their jobs.

I cant believe that the gritters were clearing and gritting the pavements around the University on Western Bank, they should have been concentrating on getting the side roads done so as people can get out and about in their cars instead of blocking a lot of the main routes with their cars i.e. Walkley Lane. Any one any idea why they would be doing the pavements round there instead of some of the side roads around Crookes and Walkely?

It's still snowing in Bents Green/Ringinglow, I thought the forecast was for it to ease off this afternoon and become milder by tomorrow.

I suppose it's difficult for them to focus on each area and get it right everywhere, there's so many micro-climates to take into account that locally affect systems as they pass over. So they just issue blanket forecasts that are generally OK but not specific really for anyone.

I stopped listening to the Met Office years ago when it comes to snowfall, times and amounts.

It's a forecast, not a guarantee. By and large they get it spot on - snow in particular is a nightmare to forecast accurately.