2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I think something needs to be done about the standard of driving during snowy times

Why can't people observe the speed limit its often women under 30 who do this. Moronic drivers who insist on driving with fog lamps on, often women again

Idiots who Willy nilly leave cars in places that cause a danger to other users, yes women its often you. Using mobile phones when driving (women again)

Well said that man!

They might be okay. It is going to be a bit patchy in nature but the front coming in extends all the way out past Manchester, Liverpool and into the Irish Sea.

There's plenty where this come from yet.

Fingers crossed. Not sure the 5 inch heels will be much cop in this snow:P

Fingers crossed. Not sure the 5 inch heels will be much cop in this snow:P

You'll be pleased to hear that the winds have moved a touch Southerly again, so most of the snow will be blown over Chesterfield and Matlock if that continues although we'll still catch the edge of the front intermittently over the next few hours.

Could go either way really, we are on a fine line between a cm lying snow and an inch or two.

(Either way, your heels will be above the snow line!)

Friends now back and I've managed to drive home. Glad hubby had forgotten to turn heating off!

Friends now back and I've managed to drive home. Glad hubby had forgotten to turn heating off!

Are we in the same city, Sheffield, South Yorkshire? Here in S20 there is nothing, slight rain, but no snow ... weird!

School closures next I reckon!

Are we in the same city, Sheffield, South Yorkshire? Here in S20 there is nothing, slight rain, but no snow ... weird!

same here nothing in chapeltown since about 8 pm

Guest sibon

I'm pretty sure that all Sheffield Schools will be closed tomorrow:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that all Sheffield Schools will be closed tomorrow:rolleyes:

Excellent!!!

You'll get some later Sedith.

As the winds have turned a little Southerly, the Northern edge of the front is collapsing and it looks like we'll see less snow than it looked an hour ago, though as we know with English weather, that can all change!

Further South though, they should still get bucketloads. Matlock, Bakewell, Chesterfield etc. Could well nip slightly further North and catch Mosborough, Westfield etc.

I'm going to bed now, but hope everyone gets home safely. We'll see what we wake up to tomorrow!

For anyone interested in looking at the radar, an easy one can be found here

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/gcqzxn1e5#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1421495100&zoom=9&lon=-1.45&lat=53.38

Does anyone know what the roads are like in Chesterfield? I'm supposed to be heading up there in about an hour.

Does anyone know what the roads are like in Chesterfield? I'm supposed to be heading up there in about an hour.

Have you got winter tyers on your car?