Rochdale Cabs, Customers request White drivers only

Whats the reason you want to know?

Curiosity/being nosey. :)

Regards

Doom

Because I don't know anyone who has ever asked a cab company that they want a white cab driver only, so from my and many other people's point of view it's an unusual request. So what's your reason for such a request?

Experience. Ive been in a position where i needed to use taxis a lot. 2 or 3 trips a day sometimes and so i get to know the drivers and their cars. I also get to know the fairs so i know when im being overcharged. I also know when the picture on the taxi ID dosent match the man behind the wheel. I also know when im in a death trap. For the several years i had to use cabs i had one issue with one white driver who attempted to overcharge me by £3. In the same time ive had cause to complain to the council about over charging, poor vehicle condition, incorrect photo on ID and so on a total of 14 times. All of them of asian appearance or decent. No im back on the road so its not an issue but if i ever call for a cab id have no problem asking for a white or a white English driver.

Experience. Ive been in a position where i needed to use taxis a lot. 2 or 3 trips a day sometimes and so i get to know the drivers and their cars. I also get to know the fairs so i know when im being overcharged. I also know when the picture on the taxi ID dosent match the man behind the wheel. I also know when im in a death trap. For the several years i had to use cabs i had one issue with one white driver who attempted to overcharge me by £3. In the same time ive had cause to complain to the council about over charging, poor vehicle condition, incorrect photo on ID and so on a total of 14 times. All of them of asian appearance or decent. No im back on the road so its not an issue but if i ever call for a cab id have no problem asking for a white or a white English driver.

I thought it was going to a language issue.

From time to time you do get Asian drivers who don't speak particularly good English, which can make explaining directions hard work.

Regards

Doom

From time to time you do get Asian drivers who don't speak particularly good English, which can make explaining directions hard work.

Regards

Doom

Well language can be an issue but saying that so can calling BT when you get an indian call centre. I generally found a way to muddle through one time even using the sat nav on my phone to direct him :hihi:

I didnt get a discount though :(

---------- Post added 22-10-2014 at 12:37 ----------

It's because he's a bit racist.

There. Said it.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Regards

Doom

But most drivers use satnav anyway, so language shouldn't be a problem.

Because I don't know anyone who has ever asked a cab company that they want a white cab driver only, so from my and many other people's point of view it's an unusual request. So what's your reason for such a request?

My daughter always asks for a white driver, due to having many asian drivers being creepy towards her. Surely that is her right, if she feels this strongly about it?

My daughter always asks for a white driver, due to having many asian drivers being creepy towards her. Surely that is her right, if she feels this strongly about it?

So what is next, not asking for Jewish drivers because of Israel's actions in the Middle East?

If your dog was ill and needed to be taken to the vet you'd be well within your rights to specify a driver who didn't have the raving habdabs about a dog in his cab.

It's not rocket science, when ordering the cab, you state what you need and you expect the taxi company to comply. If they don't comply then you have a grievance.

I use a taxi service midnight to 6am twice a week, all coloured drivers, lovely fellas .

I think the common denominator is they are taxi drivers.

Remember this chap? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Worboys

That said when I googled taxi driver rapist the majority of links turned up involved Asian drivers. Awkward. Does that mean specifying a white driver is acceptable racism?