Which pointless bus lanes / gates would you abolish?

the majority labour controlled council broke its neck to get the penistone road bus lane under way after seeing my pledge to put a stop to it.

So the council did something because they were worried about someone who has claimed on here that the 2007 floods were due to prostitution in Neepsend. Of course they did.

---------- Post added 19-10-2014 at 08:06 ----------

Point me to the EU directive that declares that there is a mandatory quantity of bus lanes. You can't. Typical of UKIP to blame the EU, it is easier that way.

It's typical of the UKIP lies on here. Saunaman claimed that HS2 was an EU plot. Jeffrey Shaw claimed that there is no such thing as international law, that UKIP is neither left-wing nor right-wing and that Enoch Powell wasn't racist.

---------- Post added 19-10-2014 at 08:08 ----------

i would need a UKIP majority on the council first. then.....we may need a UKIP government.

In other words it's not going to happen.

So basically, you were running a campaign by making promises that you knew you couldn't keep?

Not only that, it was based on a lie about a 'minimum number of bus lanes' imposed by 'Europe'.

So basically, you were running a campaign by making promises that you knew you couldn't keep?
i thought that was quite good for someone running to become a mp:hihi:

back to the OP, my major bus lane frustration is the one from Meadowhead into Woodseats.

Even the council have acknowledged how cr*p it is by covering over the traffic light signalling that is not needed as 99.9% of traffic is heading straight on to Woodseats. Must be the biggest waste of money, perhaps even fraudulent use of tax payer money by the council.

Basically left hand turning traffic sits for 7 or 8 hours in queue of traffic for 600 yards or so until it can legally leave the nightmare heading for Woodseats and turn down Abbey Lane.

Hillsborough Main cross road

Nope. It was s disaster when suspended in the summer.

Not only that, it was based on a lie about a 'minimum number of bus lanes' imposed by 'Europe'.

The first bus lane in the UK was in London in 1968, before we joined the EEC. He must have confused it with the EU directive that bans sentences starting with a capital letter.

That wouldn't happen to be your daily commute would it?

Parts of it are.

back to the OP, my major bus lane frustration is the one from Meadowhead into Woodseats.

Basically left hand turning traffic sits for 7 or 8 hours in queue of traffic for 600 yards or so until it can legally leave the nightmare heading for Woodseats and turn down Abbey Lane.

Slight exaggeration of the week award.

How about remove all bus lanes that don't have a positive effect of bus punctuality. Is busses that pass through must have a punctuality of 95% at peak times. Only busses in service can use bus lanes .

Definitely the one at top of Upper Albert/Lees Hall road road in Heeley. Must be great to be able to see your house and then take a half mile detour to get to it. It also prevents traffic using the easier incline when snow is on the ground. In fact all of the crap, ill thought out traffic management schemes in that area should be binned. Ie, chicanes that force traffic onto the wrong side of the road on a bend and junction!

Definitely the one at top of Upper Albert/Lees Hall road road in Heeley. Must be great to be able to see your house and then take a half mile detour to get to it. It also prevents traffic using the easier incline when snow is on the ground. In fact all of the crap, ill thought out traffic management schemes in that area should be binned. Ie, chicanes that force traffic onto the wrong side of the road on a bend and junction!

i disagree, i remember what it was like before they put all of that in, and its cut down the amount of traffic considerably.

They used to drive like nutters to get to work and back everyday, all road management stuff has slowed that traffic down to a safe level and considering how many school kids travel that route its a good thing.

I can see that busgate been abit annoying for residents tho, i think most just ignore it tho.

Nope. It was s disaster when suspended in the summer.

That's true, but it may have been partly due to people trying to avoid Penistone Rd and all its recent/current roadworks.

The tram gate's needed I think to keep the trams running as well as they do, but I don't think they have to be in operation for as long as the are - 11am is well after rush hour, and they could probably do without it operating on a Saturday altogether.