Clarkson "Accidentally" Offends Argentina

Also they were a right wing dictatorship of the type that the USA supported against the marxists, so I think that they were also counting on the USA's support.

I think you mean they were counting on a lot more US support rather than the support from the US that they actually did get.

A message for viewers from Top Gear exec producer Andy Wilman on the South America number plate escapade.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

Yeah but Clarkson is the devil incarnate who is friends with the Tories and he personally writes and supervises every aspect of Top Gear, every single detail plus he probably eats babies as well so he definately got the producer to write that while holding the producers baby out of the Shard by it's left leg.

Am I doing this pitchfork stuff right?

A message for viewers from Top Gear exec producer Andy Wilman on the South America number plate escapade.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

Straw man nonsense.

How about - they saw the car for sale with that number plate THEN decided to take their cretin roadshow to Argentina.

Straw man nonsense.

How about - they saw the car for sale with that number plate THEN decided to take their cretin roadshow to Argentina.

It's nearly as bad as getting one with RU5 5IA on the plate and driving it through the Ukraine

It's nearly as bad as getting one with RU5 5IA on the plate and driving it through the Ukraine

Just bought a motor with E80BLA - no one will get in it!

Might have to get back in my old one IS15 FKU

Straw man nonsense.

And if a "cretin" on Fargate was to wear a t-shirt that poked fun at some religion or political party, and was beaten to death, it would be his fault would it?

And if a "cretin" on Fargate was to wear a t-shirt that poked fun at some religion or political party, and was beaten to death, it would be his fault would it?

No it wouldn't but it also wouldn't change the fact that there had been intentional provocation.

No it wouldn't but it also wouldn't change the fact that there had been intentional provocation.

Intentional provocation?

Don't we have to deal with intentional provocation on a daily basis? I certainly thought that when the Jehovas got me out of bed in my pyjamas last Sunday. Should I have punched them?

Isn't how a society deals with "intentional provocation" a measure of the health of that society?

I went to see Henning Wehn recently, and the whole act could be interpreted as "intentional provocation".

Who gets to decide what "intentional provocation" is? A jihadist when he meets a charity worker?

A lot of people don't like Jeremy Clarkson, I totally get it, but the fact that people are too keen to put that hatred ahead of what actually happened puzzles me. It tells me that we are a lot more primitive than I hoped.

Maybe if one of the researches had been killed then people's attitudes would have been different. Somehow I doubt it, Jeremy Clarkson's is what really matters here.

It's beyond me how people still think this was a deliberate stunt?!

How would it have been possible to obtain the combination of car and number plate?

It's beyond me how people still think this was a deliberate stunt?!

How would it have been possible to obtain the combination of car and number plate?

Buy 2 cars, apply to swap number plate between them.

Buy 2 cars, apply to swap number plate between them.

But they didn't as plate was on the car when they bought it.