Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 3 - DO NOT ADVERTISE IN HERE

Any recommendations for a DI near Crystal Peaks/Killamarsh area for my 18 year old son. He's now failed his third test and I believe he needs a kick up the arse from a stricter teacher.

Any recommendations for a DI near Crystal Peaks/Killamarsh area for my 18 year old son. He's now failed his third test and I believe he needs a kick up the arse from a stricter teacher.

i cover that area but think he needs a new approach, needs to gain confidence first not shouting and shocks. many newbies just need support and failing a few times can make for a better driver. just my view.

Well I've been out with him tonight to see what he drives like and his standard is shocking. Crossing his arms and resting his hands on the gear lever. I'm not a DI but I don't even think he should be taking a test.

well that is different, maybe he has issues with you all?

First time I've ever seen him drive tonight so I don't think the blame lies here. To me it's the basics that he is getting wrong He's paid hundreds of pounds out and I.believe he should Be at a decent standard but he isn't. Maybe he's not meant for driving but I don't think that's the case.

Well I've been out with him tonight to see what he drives like and his standard is shocking. Crossing his arms and resting his hands on the gear lever. I'm not a DI but I don't even think he should be taking a test.

You may be right about his standard of driving but don't get hung up on "crossing hands". The DVSA no longer mark that as a fault. Actual or potential loss of steering control is marked down, though, irrespective of steering method.

What makes his standard "shocking"?

What does he fail on?

Is there a cross-over?

Does anyone know the contact details for Mark Platton driving instructor? Thanks

Have Googled?

Web is showing 0114 274 7281. Does that number still work?

Hi all, I'm wanting to take automatic lessons, can anyone recommend Dennis Oliver? Can't find much recent stuff out about him, but I do appreciate that not everyone lives their lives online :)

Hi, if there are any reliable driving instructors that will do evening automatic lessons in S5 or after I finish work from the Hallamshire Hospital can they please contact me. I want to start regular lessons asap please.

Thanks

Zara

:help: looking for a driving instructor with a high pass rate really wanting to take lessons asap

First time I've ever seen him drive tonight so I don't think the blame lies here. To me it's the basics that he is getting wrong He's paid hundreds of pounds out and I.believe he should Be at a decent standard but he isn't. Maybe he's not meant for driving but I don't think that's the case.

I'm a driving instructor and alot of the problem lies with the instructors. Some talk way too much on lessons and the pupils don't do enough driving. You simply can't learn if your parked in a layby 50% of the time. ;)

Had a new pupil last week . She had done 33 hours with a Grade 6 instructor. At 33 hours most ppl should be 'gearing' for their test (excuse the pun). Apart from teaching her awful habits like neutral/handbrake at every junction, he didn't even allow her to use her pedals on any manoeuvres. So how is she ever going to learn???? Then he told her she would need another 30 lessons. At least Dick Turpin robbed off the rich ;)