2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi everyone, just want to recommend Steve Oscar for decorating work (07538 367 147). He's done a fantastic job painting 3 rooms in our house and is very friendly and professional as well. Highly recommended!

A very high recommendation for Jeff Smith, joiner. He's previously done a lot of work for us, laying new wooden floors, hanging doors and making a new laundry cupboard. He's currently finishing a project laying a new floor which has also involved removing the floorboards and preparing and treating joist which had some dry rot.

His prices are good, all work is finished to a high standard and he's a very pleasant individual to contact and work with.

Thank you very much for your reply BuildingCare! I think we may be sorted for now but if not I shall keep your details to hand.

Thanks again!

Corgigasman - Central heating/plumbing

Jeff Smith (and his contractors) - Joinery

Nathan-gt - Car repairs

All highly recommended

Can anyone recommend a handyman who can do heavy lifting, digging up rubble and transferring it to a skip then refilling with top soil? Steep stairs involved!

Hi i need recommendations please for a bricklayer, Want some one who can proove there work is of good quality.

Hi,

I desperately need a window cleaner for my house, based S8 Woodseats. Not seen any window cleaners around the area (probably due to the fact I'm a 9-5 worker) but if anyone has a cleaner who does their house/or knows someone who does windows in this 'patch' then can you please let me know.

Would rather support and independent trader rather then a big commercial company.

Thank you

S6 handyman Lee did another fantastic job for me! Fitted me a new decking and went for extra miles, he even made me few flower boxes! his price is always competitive and fair. Strongly recommend him again!

A very high recommendation for Jeff Smith, joiner. He's previously done a lot of work for us, laying new wooden floors, hanging doors and making a new laundry cupboard. He's currently finishing a project laying a new floor which has also involved removing the floorboards and preparing and treating joist which had some dry rot.

His prices are good, all work is finished to a high standard and he's a very pleasant individual to contact and work with.

hi pete and rosemary thank you very much ta jeff

Just had a 50 inch TV fitted to my wall by fellow forum user RICGEM2002.That included hiding the cables in the wall cavity. Superb job,lovely bloke. I fully recommend him.He also does all aspects of building work. Contact Richie on 07838180080. Thanks again Richie!

The OH and I have decided that we want to have a decent photo of the two of us - can anyone recommend a good local(ish) photography studio? Thank you.

Like to recommend John Bell and Son as plasterers.Just done a great job making an old wonky walled building look like new.Turn up on time, clean workers and easy going .Was a pleasure having them here

Richard Scanlon, Scanlon Properties Ltd

Contact detail should turn up if you search Sheff forum otherwise msg me as I have his number