Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

Its got to be well n truly gone this time. just been for a look as we could see it from norfolk park area.

Emergency services have been trying to put it out for over an hour now!

Latest update from twitter states the main building at the ski village has been totally destroyed by the fire. Sad news.

Just been in ski village car park and it's totally burnt down

Just been in ski village car park and it's totally burnt down

Hi John

What is totally burnt down?

The buildings at bottom of ski slope

I can't believe it. Worked there in 2002 till 2006 best job ever. Met some great people and had some fantastic times. So sad. I really can't believe it. What about snow and rock is that gone too xxx

The firemen said they will be there all day because of gas cylinders , all roads around the area are closed because they are pumping water from the river don at the the side of neepsend lane

Theses are the pics of pipes running past our yard upto fire engines at ski village

2238468f.jpg

ca0199c6.jpg

I can still see smoke, is it still on fire or is it just smouldering?

Can't believe i have been completely unaware of this until my partner just rang and told me. There is a good view of the place outside our window and i still didn't notice when i opened the curtains this morning.

Really sad, had a great time up there two weeks ago on the bowling alley which is all quite new though the rest of the place is a bit run down.

Hope nobody was injured, I guess people could have still been there at that time as I think the bar opens till quite late.

I've seen the pictures on twitter, it really is destroyed :-( so sad, been to lots of kids parties and bowling up there and loved it. Very sad for all the people who work there, horrible news for them this morning. X