Charity Fishing Match 18th April 2015 for Macmillan Cancer

Thank you Doug. I'd also like to say a big thank you to all those who gave their time for a worthy cause and we raised just over £235. Special thanks to Scottgas who collected £100 and our winner Gary (Sheff13) who donated his prize money. I have a half bottle of whiskey here with your name on it Gary and your dad has your prize Scott :D Once again thanks to all those who donated our prizes.

Results

1 Sheff13 Gary 36lb

2 Den 30lb 12oz

3 Mark 26lb 6oz

4 Graham 26lb

5 Baz 20lb

6 Kevin 18lb 14oz

7 Andy 18lb 12oz

8 John 16lb

9 Brian 15lb 10oz

10 Doug 15lb

11 Denbo 12lb 6oz

12 Rich 12lb 2oz

13 Dave 11lb 10oz

14 Fred 10lb 12oz

15 Lin 9lb 6oz

16 June 8lb 8oz

Well done everybody, all caught and weighed, nobody water licked :D See you all soon on next match. Maybe we will try Johns venue next :D

Edited by denlin

Thanks everybody who goes on our matches is great - it's always a fun day :D:love:

Not sure yet Jane probably be in April

---------- Post added 01-10-2014 at 07:26 ----------

We had 2 poles and a rod left from prizes and after discussion we decided that we would sell them and donate the money to Macmillan. I put them on Ebay and got just over £42 for them. Money will be paid in today. The rest of the remaining prizes will be carried over to the next match. Hope this is OK with everybody

Edited by denlin

That's brilliant Linda, so nearly £300 for MacMillan and £150 for Lillie, well done to everyone and im sure the "animal welfare" people who complained about us wanting to raise funds for Rain Rescue will give the same amount of money to Rain Rescue as they are desperate for money or will they?

No Dave and I'm still seething that Rain lost out because of some idiots who probably aren't vegetarians and wear leather shoes. I'm now reluctant to support any animal charity because of few hypocrites

I've had a reel donated by guy who works for Chris in Sheffield Outdoor Market, saving it for prize for next fishing match :D

I hope people remember this thread Lin if they are given any unwanted Christmas gifts

Thanks Jane, next match will probably be in April