Fire at Neepsend

I have just been down to the scene. The road is closed at the traffic lights on neepsend and Rutland road to just before Arthur's skips. It seems to only be closed to cars and not to pedestrians as I walked through and no one tried to stop me. I spoke to a fireman who looked like he was packing up and he said there had been a fire at the top of the hill but didn't give much more away than that. There is a river of petrol running down the road next to the skate park and they are collecting it just outside the gardeners rest pub in what only looks like a giant paddling pool. There is a fire and rescue incident van set up and a few fire engines and ambulances. They seem to have it all under control now by the looks of things

SYF&RS facebook message

We've got five pumps at a fire in Boyland Street, Sheffield. There's a smoke plume over the area around Shalesmoor so as a precaution we're advising people in the area to keep doors and windows closedge

A later comment says it was fuel containers

seen the smoke at 6am thick and black,neepsend,went up to parkwood industrial estate and you could see the fire.here is a couple of pictures,

Photo0599_zps8d535e77.jpg

Photo0600_zpsd26e5461.jpg

You took a risk going there without breathing apperatus its bad enough here at Millsands