Have to find a GP in S6

What are the options for registering with a GP in S6 / Hillsborough? Any information welcome.....

I could not recommend Far Lane Medical Centre enough. The doctors there are brilliant and I found it easier to get an appointment there than at other larger surgeries. Plus you often get to see the same GP.

Tramways and middlewood are great.

far lane is rubbish can never get an appointment, i'm moving to fairlawns they have much better reviews

in the five years we have been here, far lane have been brilliant for us.

when urgent help needed, never failed to get a same day appointment, so long as you call in or phone when they open.

when less urgent, always been able to schedule a convenient appointment.

the doctors are efficient, friendly and as stated, you can often see your choice of preferred GP if they are working that day.

for (certainly not) better or worse, the days of getting to see your doctor off the cuff at any time of day have gone for everyone outside of the private medical elite - far lane have offered us far better care than received by any of my friends or family i have compared experiences with.

Thanks, all, for your comments. Since time and distance were important, I have gone for Tramways. The reception staff were very pleasant and it was all painless (!).

Just to add if anyone has a particular medical problem and are changing Gps it's best to ask if they have anyone at the surgery that has a bit more knowledge on the subject . I speak from experience having to do a lot of research myself and actually tell the Gp the next step .This is all fine unless you are really unwell and just want a bit more support .