Nasty bike accident A57 Mosborough parkway

Im still in hospital I have broken two bones in my right leg I am sorry to everyone that whitnessed my accident the bike infront of me locked on his brakes and I couldnt avoid him I am making a full recovery and I can honestly say my motorbike days are done I know im not valentino rossi but an accident can happen to anyone my appologies again for any harm or memory of the accident

Good to hear your on the mend. You shouldn't be apologising , sounds like you're the injured party. Good luckk. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I do alot of miles and none of them ever as ever bothered me,maybe because i view it as none of my business what other people do nor do i have an anti bike attitude.I do however go out of my way to help prevent them being stuck in traffic,there is actually enough room on most roads to allow a bike to pass you without it even crossing the white lines.

Try it you might find you get a wave instead of a finger.

Your not one of them numpties we mentioned are you? :)

Thank you for this comment as there was me at the back a bike in the middle and one infront I held my hand up to the police that I was doing 50mph in the middle of the road the lad at the front had to hit his brakes hard as a car veared into his path to stop him overtaking causing the biker behind him to break I had a 2 second lack of concentration noticed they was braking really fast I tried to stop butcouldnt nnegotiate my way out of it and ended up layed on the floor also the bike has being stolen frim the layby the same day if anyone has any infomation as to where it has gone or if anyone saw someone pick the bike up surely someone out there can help me as the bike is a write off and only worth pennys

Thank you for this comment as there was me at the back a bike in the middle and one infront I held my hand up to the police that I was doing 50mph in the middle of the road the lad at the front had to hit his brakes hard as a car veared into his path to stop him overtaking causing the biker behind him to break I had a 2 second lack of concentration noticed they was braking really fast I tried to stop butcouldnt nnegotiate my way out of it and ended up layed on the floor also the bike has being stolen frim the layby the same day if anyone has any infomation as to where it has gone or if anyone saw someone pick the bike up surely someone out there can help me as the bike is a write off and only worth pennys

Surely it will have been recovered by the police ? That's the usual scenario.

I am glad you will get well, I try my best to let bikes pass and often see other car drivers trying not to! My son was knocked of his bike last year on that roundabout; he is physically fine now but will take time to overcome the mental scars.

He sold his bike which he dreamed of owning working his way up a bigger one eventually but the accident left him scared, he realises if someone else isn't concentrating or driving dangerously as in this case, nothing you have been taught or learnt while riding is going to save you.

Mod Note:

Lets keep this civil please and refrain from assuming people belong to cycle clubs

Thanks

I am also a landrover driver id like to just add due to this accident I will not get on another bike aslong as I live if the car hadnt pulled into the middle of the road to stop us going past trafficthe accident wouldnt have happend I agree further up the road on the straight part we did open the bikes up they are only 125's mine is fully restricted and will only do 60 mph and to my knowledge the road is national speed limit as I have said previously it wasnt speed that caused it it was an arrogant driver not willing to let the first rider past which caused a pile up involving me and the middle bike and a black ford jeep I feel really sorry for the woman in the black ford as she looked more in shock than me when we looked at my foot swaying left to right

Edited by crashsurvivo

What about the numpties that ride Motorbikes like they are competing in the Isle of Man TT circuit some motorbikers don't help themselves when they fly around at ridiculous speeds and overtake on dangerous bends.

And "WHAT ABOUT" kids in 1.2 corsas like they are on a GTA video game mission? Does that make everyone who climbs into a Kia Carens a boy racer?

I will check this again tomorrow as im 21 a young rider who had 4 years no claims and im expecting alot of judgement that every last bitwas my fault as im 21 iv got to be a speed freak even tho my landrover will hit 100 butnever goes a mph over the speed limit not all young drivers/riders want to go superfast I was only following the lads I set off with at the same pace untill the car veared onto the lines causing hazard for us on the bikes

Glad you've lived to tell the tale. That's the main thing.

I do understand how lucky I am as soon as I knew I couldnt handle it anymore I closed my eyes and wished for the best I have 4 metal splints going through my leg atm

Hope you make a full recovery soon pal.

Also, hopefully the car driver gets some karma the next time he attempts overtaking a Hgv.

Crash survivor :o, I would advise you to keep schtum, walls have ears & all that :suspect:, you are probably still in shock, I know I would be, hope you get well soon, we all learn by our mistakes, just hope the police are not too hard on you, let us know how you are recovering.