Mental health services drastic cuts

I agree. Sadly it's also true of many things this government is cutting.

---------- Post added 21-06-2014 at 15:18 ----------

But the NHS are cutting mental health services as well. So it seems nobody is taking responsibility.

Let's not forget that the NHS is not free. We pay over £4,000 per person per year for the privilege of it being 'free at the point of use.' Yet more and more services, drugs, operations etc are being withdrawn or rationed. And ordinary people suffer.

Some NHS primary care trusts are cutting mental health services, and some aren't, its a decision made by each trust and not the government, the government doesn't decide how they spend the money they are given.

The art of killing ones own population and getting away with it is through the wonderful process we like to call NEGLECT, where no individual is ever really responsible ever, unless of course they are from the lower orders, thus they deserve to be punished in the traditional lynch mob manner.

With a million children being undernourished, we can look forward to them experiencing ill health and an early grave, so planning for neglect has benefits for us all.

We need a reduction in population and allowing the mentally ill to consider suicide in various forms might upset relatives and friends but never the accountants, who rejoice.

We live in culture slowly being taught to accept what once was unacceptable, to allow the destruction of the welfare state as its only a particular section of the population that burdens it, and what is mentally ill anyway?

Are the Obese, anorexic, depressed along with the smokers, the alcoholics not individuals that have actually caused their own problems? Why should they benefit when cuts to the welfare state is what its all about, and not helping individuals with personal problems. We are not a caring nation anymore, we are a selfish nation where self gratification is the point of life, and community is there for us to exploit to our personal benefit.

We increasingly beat partners and offspring up in various ways, which suggests its acceptable in an individualized society, where not us but institutions such as the police, NHS, Social workers and such will do the job for us. Thus we cut finding for social workers and the NHS indicating how we prioritize people, which we do not, and out wonderful politicians help us destroy what our forefathers fought for in the last war.

So the attitude is really if they cannot afford bread, let them eat cake, and that is what the tabloid message pushes however carefully disguised. Sure we care, but to care enough to actually do something about it? You must be joking, in this I’m all right Jack, sod the rest of you, culture!

I agree with this bit in particular.

Certain cancers are now being blamed on 'lifestyle,' in other words if you get ill it's your own fault and therefore you're not worthy of expensive treatment. Even though the research into these assertions is dubious to say the least, we begin to accept it as gospel. Slowly but surely people are being turned against each other in a blame culture.

But guess what, it turns attention away from those who are really culpable, so that's alright then.

Care in the Community rules

I agree with this bit in particular.

Certain cancers are now being blamed on 'lifestyle,' in other words if you get ill it's your own fault and therefore you're not worthy of expensive treatment. Even though the research into these assertions is dubious to say the least, we begin to accept it as gospel. Slowly but surely people are being turned against each other in a blame culture.

But guess what, it turns attention away from those who are really culpable, so that's alright then.

I'm totally against the welfare cuts.

But certain cancers are caused by lifestyle/diet, as is the majority of heart disease, many strokes and much type II diabetes.

A huge proportion of our serious diseases are caused by the food we eat.

I totally disagree that it's the populations fault- there's so much misinformation about food that many victims simply do not know what they should be eating to be healthy, and, our health system is demonstrably not good at getting that info out to where it needs to be.

One of the most empowering things people can do is to not fall into the mistaken view that cancer/heart disease/diabetes/strokes are simply things that happen with no apparent cause. Not all, but certainly a large proportion are caused by bad diet (especially processed 'foods').

Once again- I'm totally against the welfare cuts.

But certain cancers are caused by lifestyle/diet, as is the majority of heart disease, many strokes and much type II diabetes.

I totally disagree that it's the populations fault- there's so much misinformation about food that many victims simply do not know what they should be eating to be healthy, and, our health system is demonstrably not good at getting that info out to where it needs to be.

One of the most empowering things people can do is to not fall into the mistaken view that cancer/heart disease/diabetes/strokes are simply things that happen with no apparent cause. Not all, but certainly a large proportion are caused by bad diet (especially processed 'foods').

I totally agree with this.

We are slowly becoming enslaved to the top earning 1%. They don't give a monkeys about what's in their food. They would still be secretly serving us horse meat if they could.

It's all about the profit that these massive supermarkets can make. I can't imagine the CEO of ASDA, TESCO and Sainsbury's have a freezer full of Birds Eye products? They wouldn't touch half the crap they sell to us.

We also work so many hours that we've lost the time to cook fresh meals, not that we can afford fresh expensive food! And then they keep us in check with threats about keeping healthy! Cancer is the big one. It affects so many people that it pulls on millions of heart strings.

They've got us just where they want us.

I believe you Dave, but my own experience tends to make me cross. I have heart failure but my arteries are as clean as a whistle with no fat deposits. There's no apparent cause ('probably a virus.')

A relative who is as thin as a lat has type 2 diabetes.

Another friend who was seriously injured in a road accident and now uses a mobility scooter has been subjected to verbal abuse ('lard bucket' etc) even though she eats sensibly but can't exercise. She has now stopped going out altogether.

People are becoming very judgemental without knowing the facts.

I totally agree with this.

We are slowly becoming enslaved to the top earning 1%. They don't give a monkeys about what's in their food. They would still be secretly serving us horse meat if they could.

It's all about the profit that these massive supermarkets can make. I can't imagine the CEO of ASDA, TESCO and Sainsbury's have a freezer full of Birds Eye products? They wouldn't touch half the crap they sell to us.

Hmmm.... not sure about that. This can be viewed as a 'conspiracy', but I feel it's not the best way to see things.

i.e. the CEOs are often as much a victim as anyone else- many are obese, have heart disease, diabetes etc, because they do eat the same crap as everyone else. Why wouldn't they, given it's marketed as healthy?

People eat crap due to the failings of the orthodox medical nutrition advice system- people simply don't know what food is healthy.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:17 ----------

We also work so many hours that we've lost the time to cook fresh meals, not that we can afford fresh expensive food! And then they keep us in check with threats about keeping healthy! Cancer is the big one. It affects so many people that it pulls on millions of heart strings.

They've got us just where they want us.

We don't need to cook to be healthy. I've posted in detail on several threads recently of how I went from ansick, unhealthy 13 stone, to a lean 11 stone feeling better than I ever have before, by eating primarily raw unprocessed fruits .

Over the last 6 months I've eaten between 10 and 20 bananas every day, along with other raw unprocessed fruits/vegetables, plus small quantities of cooked and processed food.

All with zero hunger (important as I have very low willpower).

Freelea the banana girl and her boyfriend durianrider cover the necessary strategies over their many videos-

https://www.youtube.com/user/Freelea

and it's flexible, I've not followed their method 100% and along with the 'plant strong' way of eating in America there are methods of eating which include cooked carbs (rice, pasta etc) so, as long as the strategies are in place, everyone can eat for optimal health and leaness- it just requires the research.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:20 ----------

I believe you Dave, but my own experience tends to make me cross. I have heart failure but my arteries are as clean as a whistle with no fat deposits. There's no apparent cause ('probably a virus.')

A relative who is as thin as a lat has type 2 diabetes.

There are always exceptions. But, a very large portion of heart disease, diabetes and cancer are a direct result of eating badly- even the medical system is aware of this, with many studies providing evidence.

Incidently- just curious, how was it established that your arteries are clean as a whistle?

Edited by onewheeldave

Hmmm.... not sure about that. This can be viewed as a 'conspiracy', but I feel it's not the best way to see things.

i.e. the CEOs are often as much a victim as anyone else- many are obese, have heart disease, diabetes etc, because they do eat the same crap as everyone else. Why wouldn't they, given it's marketed as healthy?

People eat crap due to the failings of the orthodox medical nutrition advice system- people simply don't know what food is healthy.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:17 ----------

We don't need to cook to be healthy. I've posted in detail on several threads recently of how I went from ansick, unhealthy 13 stone, to a lean 11 stone feeling better than I ever have before, by eating primarily raw unprocessed fruits .

Over the last 6 months I've eaten between 10 and 20 bananas every day, along with other raw unprocessed fruits/vegetables, plus small quantities of cooked and processed food.

Freelea the banana girl and her boyfriend durianrider cover the necessary strategies over their many videos-

https://www.youtube.com/user/Freelea

and it's flexible, I've not followed their method 100% and along with the 'plant strong' way of eating in America there are methods of eating which include cooked carbs (rice, pasta etc) so, as long as the strategies are in place, everyone can eat for optimal health and leaness- it just requires the research.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 13:20 ----------

There are always exceptions. But, a very large portion of heart disease, diabetes and cancer are a direct result of eating badly- even the medical system is aware of this, with many studies providing evidence.

Incidently- just curious, how was it established that your arteries are clean as a whistle?

Extensive number of tests including MRI scans and that test where they go in at the groin with a camera on a wire and push it up through the artery into the heart taking pictures. (Sorry can't remember what it's called - and it's driving me daft.)

Well, I'd rather have a more diverse diet, that involves eating a variety of tasty foods. Including meat that has been cooked!

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 16:19 ----------

CEOs are often as much a victim as anyone else- many are obese, have heart disease, diabetes etc, because they do eat the same crap as everyone else. Why wouldn't they, given it's marketed as healthy?

Christy Ruth Walton of Walmart isn't fat.

Philip Clarke of Tesco isn't fat.

David Taylor of Sainsbury's isn't fat.

Ken Morrison isn't fat.

We have nothing to worry about then/ could you explain a little more your post is coming across to me as they dont usually harm other people only themselves?

I have no idea of recent figures but yes, those suffering from schizophrenia are far more likely to kill themselves than a total stranger. You and I are at far more risk from our partner. The former gets far more publicity though.

Following on from your previous thread re: changing gps and with the above information in mind may i suggest you read "Hyperkalemia and hyperdopaminemia induced by an obsessive eating of banana in an anorexia nervosa adolescent." by Tazoe et al (2007)

Following on from your previous thread re: changing gps and with the above information in mind may i suggest you read "Hyperkalemia and hyperdopaminemia induced by an obsessive eating of banana in an anorexia nervosa adolescent." by Tazoe et al (2007)

Given I'm an neither an obsessive eater or anorexic, I'm not sure why :)

However, did check-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17194559

and it was one case (can't conclude anything from one case) of a person who was ill (anorexic) who eat nothing but bananas (unlike me who consumes a variety of healthy plant based food, plus cooked carbs and very small amounts of animal produce) and drank less than 500ml of water/day (recommended levels being typically 3000ml/day).

She got Hyperkalemia which has certain symptoms which, were I to start getting (I'm not), I would be concerned about.

I would love to get my blood tested again, and, if I do so (unlikely as my GP refuses to do blood tests unless the patient has some symptoms) of course I will pay special attention to my blood potassium levels.

However, as I seem to be in by far the best shape of my life, both in terms of being optimally lean and finally having consistent energy levels, I'm not that worried at the moment.

In sharp contrast to that are the millions of people not consuming a unprocessed fruit/plant/carb based diet like mine, but instead consuming the typical processed, fat heavy standard UK diet who are suffering from diabetes, obesity, heart disease, cancer etc, but...hey ho...at least they're eating 'normal' 'food', so that's cool :)

Incidently, how's your health, and, what do you weigh at the moment?

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 19:07 ----------

Well, I'd rather have a more diverse diet, that involves eating a variety of tasty foods. Including meat that has been cooked!

Enjoy your food- hope you also enjoy the consequences when you hit your fifty's, sadly, many in the west don't :(

Christy Ruth Walton of Walmart isn't fat.

Philip Clarke of Tesco isn't fat.

David Taylor of Sainsbury's isn't fat.

Ken Morrison isn't fat.

I never said they were- I said that in the huge collection of individuals who are company CEOs, many were fat (and ill). Feel free to survey the lot of them and present the results here.

Maybe also watch the recent documentary 'fat, sick and nearly dead' I believe the subject of that was a CEO? He was obese and very ill, until he acheived health and leanness by living off only fruit/vegetable juice for 6 months.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 19:12 ----------

[/b]

Extensive number of tests including MRI scans and that test where they go in at the groin with a camera on a wire and push it up through the artery into the heart taking pictures. (Sorry can't remember what it's called - and it's driving me daft.)

Angiogram?

This is interesting. I was under the impression that pretty much all adults in the west on the standard processed food diet had some degree of arterial clogging.

How old are you, and, how would you describe your diet? I'm always keen to check out peoples results who don't match my conceptions of nutrition.

Edited by onewheeldave