Christians in town

Has anyone else noticed an abundance of Christians with a book stand outside various places in Sheffield. I thought it was just a one off but its a regular thing.

Although I'm not a christian myself I dont have a problem with them as they don't hassle anyone at all they don't preach they just stand there with books.

Is it a new group or a new tactic of an old established Christian group? Just wondering?

Does that silly old fella still stand on Fargate with his preacher sign? What a waste of time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodmally

Has anyone else noticed an abundance of Christians with a book stand outside various places in Sheffield. I thought it was just a one off but its a regular thing.

Although I'm not a christian myself I dont have a problem with them as they don't hassle anyone at all they don't preach they just stand there with books.

Is it a new group or a new tactic of an old established Christian group? Just wondering?

Does that silly old fella still stand on Fargate with his preacher sign? What a waste of time!

I believe he died recently.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I believe he died recently.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Aww did Cedric die...that is sad news.

The people standing about are Jehovah's Witnesses......two of their people come here to my home.......we were doing some sort of Bible study.....but their Bible is different to one's you can get on a standard basis....and that alone unnerves me.

Aww did Cedric die...that is sad news.

The people standing about are Jehovah's Witnesses......two of their people come here to my home.......we were doing some sort of Bible study.....but their Bible is different to one's you can get on a standard basis....and that alone unnerves me.

It has to be different or what they claim makes even less sense

It has to be different or what they claim makes even less sense

And it's those differences I keep going back to with them.....great big differences that other Christians like myself believe.....part of the foundational beliefs that makes one a Christian. :)

And it's those differences I keep going back to with them.....great big differences that other Christians like myself believe.....part of the foundational beliefs that makes one a Christian. :)

Differences yes,same kind of rubbish yes.