Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

My folks have been to Canton Orchard before but only on special occassions as its not cheap. Normally we do with a chinese take away a little further along from Canton Orchard in nethergreen opposite the juniors school. Food is pretty nice from there.

JB

i found the best i have been to is MAO on london rd

.the food is great authentic and no curry

I agree - Mao is an excellent Chinese restaurant. Sadly it never seems to be busy as it should be. But perhaps that's because we've never actually been at a weekend.

Highly recommended.

Lived in Sheffield since September and still haven't had ONE single Chinese takeout... I need to know the best one there is, in your opinion? I live on Park Grange - hope they deliver to me!

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!:)

kins kitchen at gleadless is fab 0114 265 1889- they do charge delivery but its worth it :banana:

We used to use Kins kitchen but after one or two dodgy meals we switched to New Jumbo near the top of Granville Rd.

0114 2781919

Very nice indeed :D

Best IMO is the New Zing Vaa on Ecclesall Road opposite Somerfield, but they don't deliver and it's miles from you. Saying that, I know somebody who used to drive from Walkley.

The finest chinese takeaway is the Red Lion on London Road. It looks like nothing from the outside and inside for that matter the but food...oh my god...the food....

golden house on richmond road is nice. we order from there regular and always find it nice and reasonably priced too

Why is it Chinese takeout now and not Chinese takeaway? Is this another Americanism?

i will recomend a excerllent chinese buffet itsb on george street in town near crucible its absolutely delicious