Cineworld, try waiting until the film finishes.

Great...bye bye cineworld.

It all depends on time and day and what movie on how busy it gets there.

Sure you can still chose your own place 90% of time

Does allocated seating make them more money?

Probably not, but situations where the cinema is 97% full and all the empty seats remaining are single seats dotted around the room can now be avoided.

Probably not, but situations where the cinema is 97% full and all the empty seats remaining are single seats dotted around the room can now be avoided.

So they allocate you the seat rather than you get to choose off a touch screen? I thought it was more you got to pick where to sit, but youd know where the untaken seats were?

So they allocate you the seat rather than you get to choose off a touch screen? I thought it was more you got to pick where to sit, but youd know where the untaken seats were?

Well Im sure Cineworld used to allocate seats for certain films years ago, they turned the screen round and let you choose.

Dunno how it would work for online or self-service kiosk bookings though.

My point being there is nothing worse than an almost full cinema, film about to start and yet people are coming in and people have to move around to create 2/3/4 seats next to each other.

I cant rememeber that happening. Been such a long time ago since cinemas were full for certain screenings. Not like queuing for many hours that used to happen to see the latest film. I cant ever recall being made to move so 2/3/4 people could sit together. I remember the usher shining the torch to the spare seats and also people sitting apart if there were only singles.

I cant rememeber that happening. Been such a long time ago since cinemas were full for certain screenings. Not like queuing for many hours that used to happen to see the latest film. I cant ever recall being made to move so 2/3/4 people could sit together. I remember the usher shining the torch to the spare seats and also people sitting apart if there were only singles.

Usher? This is the year 2014, I'm afraid :D

On the first night of a film coming out it can get rather chokka.

Well Im sure Cineworld used to allocate seats for certain films years ago, they turned the screen round and let you choose.

Dunno how it would work for online or self-service kiosk bookings though.

My point being there is nothing worse than an almost full cinema, film about to start and yet people are coming in and people have to move around to create 2/3/4 seats next to each other.

I remember the allocated seating, it was pretty good. I'm very much a nerd when it comes to where I want to sit in the cinema so I'll be booking nice and early.

If you book online, or use the ticket machines in the foyer, you can pick your seats from a map. As with booking seats at other events the system will not let you leave individual empty seats.

If you opt to go to a cashier, you will be asked if you want front, middle or back, and the cashier will select the best seats based on your preference.

I have had an unlimited card for 5 years now, never happened to me.

Over 10 years for me, the cleaning staff have always waited outside.

There has been a tendency of late for cleaners to come in as soon as the credits start which is a bit annoying, as they also turn the lights on too.

Not sure if it's impatience/bad manners because some films have credits that warrant a wait until the end, Marvel films for example. Some have additional bits such as out takes/jokes during the credits and some people like to chill and sit watch the credits rather than get stuck in the queue for the door.

---------- Post added 06-06-2014 at 16:34 ----------

Nice for beakerzoid providing some customer service.
He usually does.

---------- Post added 06-06-2014 at 16:40 ----------

I remember the allocated seating, it was pretty good.

It was a complete pain in the posterior as it made buying tickets a lot faffier and more time consuming. Plus having to explain to the box office what front or middle meant was comical at times. Plus once you got inside it wasn't unusual to discover someone sitting in 'your seat' and who wouldn't then move as someone was in 'their seat' - utter waste of time. Particularly when screens were not even that full.

Which is why I thought it was dropped when tried before.

Maybe use it for sellout shows, but not otherwise.

Edited by jezzyjj

Not cheap there either!

But Cineworld "Unlimited" cardholders get an excellent deal for a monthly DD fee.

But Cineworld "Unlimited" cardholders get an excellent deal for a monthly DD fee.

Get a cheap EE PAYG phone and friends come Wednesdays free as well.

First experience of allocated seating and after the inevitable delay at the box ofice, the people behind us were in someone else's seats, folk were wandering up and own the steps trying to work out what row they were meant to be in using their phones to light up the darkness, so the usual chaos.