Pot Hole Richmond Road Advice Please

Its bad that stretch of road atm

I drove on there on Thursday teatime it needs to be sorted asap the holes on one particular side yes i know they are resurfacing but that not seen a road like that before!

HI All

Thanks for the replies, he was doing 25 (thank goodness) and it was the resurfacing area, there was no guard or signs around it and it was dark. Ill go and take a photo of it tomorrow, the wheel was wrecked but he has been and bought a new tyre and had it put on.

The tyre place told him to get his track rod ends checked what ever that is ! :-(

Is this pot hole still there? If not where is there a really bad one

you really are a dodgy person, you have already said you are roma, allowed into the country , then trying to de-fraud the people who have tried to help you . you damage your car

on another post

My ford cavalier needs attention. It hit a kerb at speed and now longer drives straight. We have changes one wheel witch was buckled but still wanders on the road. A friend says it needs re jinxing who does this in Sheffield pleasez ?

now you are asking where there are any bad pot holes, to try to make a claim against the council, this is fraud:rant:

Edited by mjhal

you have to keep on at them and dont accept the first rejection, although if you try and claim too much . i.e 2 alloys, 2 tyres and driveshaft you may have problems? , how did you manage 2 tyres? wheels

Buckled both nearside alloys and burst both tyres. Damaged driveshaft which cost me 150 to repair. The hole was huge but filled with water and it was raining when I hit it.

I'm running about on the spare wheel and I purchased a steel wheel from a scrappy just to get back on the road. It's only a 03 fiesta zetec but the alloys are £208 each from Ford, hense the 800 quids worth of damage.

If it was in the area of th road that is being resurfaced, I doubt ery much that a payout would be given as extra care should be given when driving through works like that.

I live on Richmond road, and are not aware of any big potholes

Just over the bridge going uphill there is a cluster of holes which could have been filled in temporarily ,so I suggest that you have another look because they are very obvious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mala lovel

Is this pot hole still there? If not where is there a really bad one

you really are a dodgy person, you have already said you are roma, allowed into the country , then trying to de-fraud the people who have tried to help you . you damage your car

on another post

My ford cavalier needs attention. It hit a kerb at speed and now longer drives straight. We have changes one wheel witch was buckled but still wanders on the road. A friend says it needs re jinxing who does this in Sheffield pleasez ?

now you are asking where there are any bad pot holes, to try to make a claim against the council, this is fraud

Vauxhall made the Cavalier didn't they!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Just over the bridge going uphill there is a cluster of holes which could have been filled in temporarily ,so I suggest that you have another look because they are very obvious

So are the signs telling you to slow down and take care ,as they are resurfacing the road,I travel up and down the road countless times both day and night,most drivers i have seen slow down to a crawl while travelling through the road works to avoid damage to their vehicle.I drive a suzuki carry van(sooty van:hihi:) so i have to slow down to avoid matchsticks never mind potholes and raised manhole covers.My speed going through the roadworks must be about 2 miles an hour:hihi::hihi:

I would like to know how you are doing it. I had ine and they just refuse to even respond niw. A big flat its not our fault. Its not the council you claim via its amey.

doesnt matter how deep it was or how fast, if it has jagged edges it can rip a tyre, depends at what angle you hit it, i made a claim last year which was paid and have one going through now, the roads are shocking and most of the time its pot luck" no pun intended" if you hit a pot hole, some roads its impossible to miss them, damage is easily caused especially with low profile tyres.

OP you must ring the council make a report they will issue a claim form, take pictures of the pot hole, tyre, make a map of the road and anything else they ask, receipts and estimates for damage, if you follow the form exactly you will get paid.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

If it was in the area of th road that is being resurfaced, I doubt ery much that a payout would be given as extra care should be given when driving through works like that.

I live on Richmond road, and are not aware of any big potholes

I drove on Richmond road yesterday with my OH, coming from handsworth towards Richmond shops is absolute shocking, our car nearly bottomed out and we were doing no more than 10mph if that on some parts. Disgrace to be dug up and left so long. But that's council for ya init!!!

I hit a huge pothole in Rotherham a couple of years ago and buckled a wheel and ripped a tyre. Got nowhere with a claim against Rotherham Council. I made a freedom of info request to find out how often the stretch had been inspected and guess what - It had been inspected just three weeks previously. When I pointed out that inspecting the road surface would have been difficult as it was under 2 feet of snow they stopped answering emails. My only option would have been to take the council to court, which I didn't fancy. I think they bank on you doing that.

Anyway, Sheffield council has spent all its cash on Traffic Lights!

If you want to take them on, this website tells you how to do it:

http://www.potholes.co.uk/

Good Luck