Youtube Pixelating Problems

Hi Guys

I am wondering if someone can help me?

Basically I have recently bought an old acer aspire laptop that runs on vista everything is fine with this except youtube videos.

Basically when i play a video the audio is fine no problems there but the image pixelates goes back to normal for a little while and pixelates again?

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a slow connection to me. Do you know what speed you're receiving ?

If you're using an older machine, your internet may be capable of displaying it in HighQuality, but the computer may not be..

I have an old MacBook here, and while it will play videos from youtube, it won't play them in HighQuality, and it actually looks as though it's a low frame rate, on an old mobile phone's camera..... while the audio is fine...

With it being Vista (which was resource hungry any ways) it's my guess that the computer isn't up to scratch..

A bit more RAM, and maybe Windows 7 could sort your problems!

I had a similar problem on an old laptop of mine. I disabled hardware acceleration and it sorted the problem out.

Have a look at this page and click on the Disable Hardware Acceleration section to see how to do it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1230977?hl=en

Hope this helps.

I average about 31mbps so connection shouldnt be too much of an issue.

The OS system is getting upgraded to windows 7 this coming saturday and the ram is 4gb so that should be adequate I would have thought.

Sounds like a slow connection to me. Do you know what speed you're receiving ?

If you're using an older machine, your internet may be capable of displaying it in HighQuality, but the computer may not be..

I have an old MacBook here, and while it will play videos from youtube, it won't play them in HighQuality, and it actually looks as though it's a low frame rate, on an old mobile phone's camera..... while the audio is fine...

With it being Vista (which was resource hungry any ways) it's my guess that the computer isn't up to scratch..

A bit more RAM, and maybe Windows 7 could sort your problems!

I have disabled Hardware Acceleration and this appears to have solved it so thanks alot for your suggestion.

I had a similar problem on an old laptop of mine. I disabled hardware acceleration and it sorted the problem out.

Have a look at this page and click on the Disable Hardware Acceleration section to see how to do it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1230977?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Question is, do you disable hardware acceleration via the browser or the plug in ???

Question is, do you disable hardware acceleration via the browser or the plug in ???

Neither.

You phone 118118 and ask for 'Hardware Deceleration".

Read the link!!

Do you get 31Mb on Wireless? Are you trying to watch the video over Wireless?

Does it work normally via Ethernet?