Newfield school to busy to show new student around

I phoned newfield yesterday to ask if we could come and look around the school. I was told the school wouldn't show us around until we had put a transfer form into them. However we would like to look around in order to decide if this is the right school. The school then told me that they are too busy to show potential new pupils around. Are all schools in Sheffield like this? It has really put me off sending my child here as it seems not very child centered.

Don't send your child to Newfield. Seriously.

That was our catchment school for our daughter. We decided against it having seen the OFSTED.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I phoned newfield yesterday to ask if we could come and look around the school. I was told the school wouldn't show us around until we had put a transfer form into them. However we would like to look around in order to decide if this is the right school. The school then told me that they are too busy to show potential new pupils around. Are all schools in Sheffield like this? It has really put me off sending my child here as it seems not very child centered.

Newfield is a terrible school, look for another one if you want your child to have a decent education.

I know some young people who are doing absolutely marvellously there and love it.

I have heard a rumour that they might be oversubscribed so if that is the case, then I suppose it might explain their reluctance to allocate staff time to showing people around.

I would think carefully about about sending your child to a school that are not happy to show you around first. I had a similar response from the school my daughter was looking to change to. When I queried it, they just said that no one had asked to view it first! They were very welcoming when we visited and we were happy then to complete the transfer form.