Venue

Kelford School

Cost

£80

Further information

Helen Heppenstall

tel: 01709 512088

email: ksshheppenstall@rgfl.org

Taken from the website: http://www.makaton.org/training/courses/rotherham-bw1.htm

Judging by this site, Rotherham is the nearest place courses are taking place.

Kelford School can be found as following thanks to google maps....

http://www.makaton.org/training/courses/rotherham-bw1.htm

Really hope this helps....very best of luck to you!

Check out for next available course date (alot cheaper than above):

Cost: £13 for cost of accompanying book, second book paid for by Woodhouse & District Community Forum.

Makaton is a great way to help your child's communication skills especially for those who are experiencing difficulties. This workshop is perfect for parents, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home or at work. It consists of 6 x 2 hour sessions.

For more information or to book a place, please call Liz on: 07847 602644 or Jackie on: 07847 602613

Edited by Minki
typo

hi i live in s8 and i am currently looking around my area to see if anywere is doing this as my son is also learning it in nursery and is really enjoying it will keep you all posted if i find anything but in the mean time if any of you find anything can you let me know please :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Sheffield Parent Carer Forum offers free training for parents of children with disabilities and special educational needs. We're planning to run a series of workshops on speech and language therapy in in June and July, this will include an introduction to Makaton, as well as workshops on PECS, technology-aided communication, language strategies, cued articulation, and visual supports. All sessions will be run by speech and language therapists and we hope to bring along lots of photocopies, books and DVDs, either for parents to keep or on loan.

The Makaton workshop will probably take place on Friday 11th of July, 10-12.

If you'd like us to send you more information once the dates have been confirmed, please register your interest by emailing enquiries@sheffieldparentcarerforum.org.uk.

Sorry but thats priceless! Just the 'thunk yooo' bit :hihi: Gosh I hate Mr Tumble!

I hate Mr Tumble but that is after seeing it for about 19 time on the trot.

My 18 month old son loves it and has even started doing some of the signs when he is watching it I did baby signing with my daughter and I am sad to say we did it for a while but not all the time so it didn't stick however she is now 4 and they do it at nursery and I think she knows more than she lets on. She won't admit to watching Mr Tumble but does the signs before he does sometimes.