Street lights on during the day in Sheffield.

Why are there so many street lights on during the day in Sheffield?

3 weeks ago I reported that street lights were on during the day all the way from Dronfield up Dyche Lane through Norton. They were also lit down to Sainsbury's at Archer Road.

Yesterday I drove into Sheffield and noticed the street lights were lit be down Whirlodale Road. Today the lights that I reported 3 weeks ago in Norton are still lit during the day.

Is this city wide? Why doesn't someone act on these reports? Wasted electricity costs money and impacts on global warming.

If there is a problem with several street lights then it's usually an issue to be dealt with by the electricity company and their time scale for dealing with reported issues is far too long in my opinion. However I have also been less than impressed with the council and Ameys response as reported issues don't always get passed on which is why I tend to chase things up and ask for follow up calls which sometimes helps get an issue resolved

If there is a problem with several street lights then it's usually an issue to be dealt with by the electricity company and their time scale for dealing with reported issues is far too long in my opinion. However I have also been less than impressed with the council and Ameys response as reported issues don't always get passed on which is why I tend to chase things up and ask for follow up calls which sometimes helps get an issue resolved

This seems to involve most of Batemoor, Norton, much of Greenhill, Beauchief & Ecclesall

can anybody say if the new white lights are ever going to go up normanton springs,they did linley weeks ago but no sign in the springs, mind you we are the last to get anything from gritters to street cleaning , and litterpicks, last week 10 men 5 vans 2 tractors cleaning the side of the mosbro parkway from the coisley roundabout to the parkway,men with garden hoes to loosen the weeds before sweeping ,what must that lot have cost, time they tidied the springs up, especially the boundry fence round the tip bottom of linly lane right mess

can anybody say if the new white lights are ever going to go up normanton springs,they rtid linley weeks ago but no sign in the springs, mind you we are the last to get anything from gritters to street cleaning , and litterpicks, last week 10 men 5 vans 2 tractors cleaning the side of the mosbro parkway from the coisley roundabout to the parkway,men with garden hoes to loosen the weeds before sweeping ,what must that lot have cost, time they tidied the springs up, especially the boundry fence round the tip bottom of linly lane right mess

LED's will be installed visually everywhere. The city has been split up into zones, so it depends which zone a road falls into as to when it gets done.

We r currently - since - November having our street find under the egrets ahead scheme. Boy 6 weeks ago all the lights were on all day. Then suddenly all lights off all dAy and night then them back on all day and night.

They are on because the company who are jointing the new services can only work with the power on so any area that is having new street light or the odd column being replaced

And with most of Sheffield's streets lights still switched from sub stations, all the lights have to be on

They are on because the company who are jointing the new services can only work with the power on so any area that is having new street light or the odd column being replaced

And with most of Sheffield's streets lights still switched from sub stations, all the lights have to be on

Anything new is being made 'live'. Dayburners will be old stock that hasn't been replaced yet and is still on 5th core switch wire.