Prostitutes And Drug Dealers 'Add £10 Billion To UK National Wealth'

We are talking about thing that are against the law, breaking the law is bad so must be immoral, do you think its OK to break some laws, but not other laws.

That is NOT the point.

Drug using, specifically cannabis, is different all over the world. Here, it is illegal. While in some states in the USA it is legal. Why is it immoral, when some very progressive places allow it to be legal.

What makes the law moral, just because it's our law?

He's not called Mafya for nothing. :)

Oh hell, a change of username in order. Horse's head under the duvet and all that!

Define immoral, if it has another meaning than the one I posted I will be happy to read it.
Offensive or objectionable to the normal or recognisable moral standard.

There is no reason for legality to be involved

That is NOT the point.

Drug using, specifically cannabis, is different all over the world. Here, it is illegal. While in some states in the USA it is legal. Why is it immoral, when some very progressive places allow it to be legal.

What makes the law moral, just because it's our law?

Standards vary around the world, so what is accepted here might not be accepted somewhere else, for something to be immoral here it has to go against accepted standards. So in the UK it is illegal to use drugs, and drug takers don't conform to accepted standards, ergo they are acting immorally.

In some parts of the world men have sex with children and in those parts of the world it isn't illegal or regarded as immoral, should that mean that it shouldn't be regarded as immoral here?

Salsafan

Ive spoken out on here a few times about drug use and the posts are there for all to see so in a small way i agree with you on that point.

Can i say though that the way you seem to melt down and strike out worries me greatly.

Im not trying to put you down or invalidate your opinion at all by the way.

Sometimes the things you say seem to go against the values you claim to hold,if you are the kind of person you are claiming to be then a little "live and let live" attitude would work well for you, not the "ill treat people as they treat me" attitude.

It means you are sinking to their level to do that.

The some men are scum line seems to go against your ethos on life and i think you need to get your head round the fact that some women actually do strip or prositute themselves to make money as a choice, its not all forced.

Without trying to sound like im attacking you i would have to agree that maybe a self emposed break from the forum might help you to focus and re-evaluate who you are and your views.

In short salsafan, with all honesty i worry about your mental health when i read your posts sometimes, and im not saying that to try to belittle you in any way at all, im being serious.

I stand by my values. I do not stand by your judgments.

I do play the devil's advocate card, and as you can see, many people here do the same too, as those who say that they are a particular kind of person and so forth. When it comes down to the crunch, they do not stand for what they themselves believe in too. Especially when you look into their own lives.

I am a Taoist, and I go by the flow. If it needs to, then say it. The truth has to come out and be made aware of. They deliberately hurt me already by being personal, or by putting off putting topics on hand. Now it is their turn too. I wonder if they see this. Maybe not, but obviously, to me, this is now "political" isn't it ?

This is the internet, and freedom of speech is all that count, right ? I am not so sure that you are concerned for my well being than I think you are far more concerned about other people's antagonism and reaction based on their own psyche, and what they read and is exposed to.

Standards vary around the world, so what is accepted here might not be accepted somewhere else, for something to be immoral here it has to go against accepted standards. So in the UK it is illegal to use drugs, and drug takers don't conform to accepted standards, ergo they are acting immorally.

In some parts of the world men have sex with children and in those parts of the world it isn't illegal or regarded as immoral, should that mean that it shouldn't be regarded as immoral here?

Right, for a start please stop comparing the use of drugs to murder and sex with children, it's just ridiculous and makes you look quite stupid.

I don't care about the law on the subject, that isn't adding anything at all to the topic, I am asking for YOUR opinion on the subject, not what the law tells you to think.

:| Gosh. I did not expect that line from you...

You know, not all Dutch people support the Redlight district. I know this much. Nor will they use it. Their tolerance level is sky high and I actually truly have to bow down to them on this regard.

Maybe I was naive too when I was younger and not see things for what they are. The music industry and the clubbing industry, along with these kind of seedy places, really has opened an entire kettle of fish altogether.

And what is wrong with you? You did so well up to this point onwards ! Liberalism does not mean lack of morality, or compassion for what is right.

I did so well? You were berating me in your previous post.

Liberalism does indeed not mean a lack of morality, it does however mean the conviction that people are free to choose their own path in life. There are plenty of people in prostitution that choose to do so, as the Dutch can tell you. Heck, I went to school with a girl who's mum came into class to talk about prostitution and the risks involved with sex and STDs. She spoke from experience I might add.

What is so bad about sex? We have to come into the world somehow you know.

Offensive or objectionable to the normal or recognisable moral standard.

There is no reason for legality to be involved

I haven't come across that definition, but even using that it must be objectionable to the normal or recognisable moral standard to break the law.

I did so well? You were berating me in your previous post.

Liberalism does indeed not mean a lack of morality, it does however mean the conviction that people are free to choose their own path in life. There are plenty of people in prostitution that choose to do so, as the Dutch can tell you. Heck, I went to school with a girl who's mum came into class to talk about prostitution and the risks involved with sex and STDs. She spoke from experience I might add.

What is so bad about sex? We have to come into the world somehow you know.

Do you actually have children ?

I am a Taoist, and I go by the flow. If it needs to, then say it. The truth has to come out and be made aware of. They deliberately hurt me already by being personal, or by putting off putting topics on hand. Now it is their turn too. I wonder if they see this. Maybe not, but obviously, to me, this is now "political" isn't it ?

You are going about it in the wrong way.

I stand by my values. I do not stand by your judgments.

I do play the devil's advocate card, and as you can see, many people here do the same too, as those who say that they are a particular kind of person and so forth. When it comes down to the crunch, they do not stand for what they themselves believe in too. Especially when you look into their own lives.

This is the internet, and freedom of speech is all that count, right ? I am not so sure that you are concerned for my well being than I think you are far more concerned about other people's antagonism and reaction based on their own psyche, and what they read and is exposed to.

Im also well known for speaking as i find and saying what i think.

My post was purely out of concern for you, the fact you chose to see it as a personal attack is worrying in itself.

All i can say is give it some thought at a later date.

Do you actually have children ?

I had a step daughter and that is all you need to know. You are losing any respect i had for you by deliberately being an antagonist. You are not very good at it.