Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

Sheffield City Council really do cease to amaze me flipping useless

Can you not read? Sheffield City Council had no part in this fiasco. Sheffield Half Marathon is organised by a team of volunteers, not the council.

Please get your facts right before sounding off.

To reiterate, Sheffield Council are blameless on this part.

"The SIG Insulation Sheffield Half Marathon is organised and run by volunteers and every penny raised is split between the 10 locally nominated charities, last year £105,000 was raised."

If this is correct (I'm not doubting it) then people who post on here after being told this and blame the Council are going to look very stupid.

Hey look sheffield forum people.

IT IS NOT ORGANISED BY THE COUNCIL!

On the contrary, my thoughts this morning went out to the thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people (my family included) who were stopped from going about their legitimate business due to road closures. Why should the leisure activities of a tiny minority be allowed to cause massive inconvenience to the people of an entire city? There are plenty of parks in this city where it would be very easy to setup a 13 mile course. I'm now feeling much better after reading the news about this farce. Maybe the selfish runners now know what it's like to suffer some inconvenience.

Yawn. A few times a year. Get yourself organised.

I wonder what the council will mess up next. I really don't know why I bother to pay my council tax. Chocolate fireguard comes to mind.

HEH YOU ARE NOW MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID. tHREE PEOPLE HAVE TOLD YOU THIS EVENT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COUNCIL, BUT CARRY ON BLAMING THEM.