Volunteer worker in Zimbabwe needs

If anyone is thinking of donating anything to this charity I would do so direct contact the website not a person who just asks for things and provides a mobile number he could be anyone, the tablets is very concerning.

Mind the Gap 1148575 121 Peckham park Rd London SE15 6SX

this is with I am with , they will vouch for my status , The lady who fronts Mind the gap know I am doing this , I have been raising items for these children for many years now ! tablets are to used in our street clinics throughout Bulawayo, we have VSO and volunteer Drs and nurses working there , If we didn't I wouldn't be asking. I am Tina aka Teeny , I am known on here to some of the Mods who know what I do is , what I say i do , I placed my own mobile number as a point of contact etc , as the main part of the charity is down in London but I live here , we also have people in Devon and bridligton doing exactly as I do

Edited by teeny

I very rarely come on here anymore for the very reason the way this post has gone.

I know you might not know Teeny,and you certainly don't know me, but I have known Tina over thirty years and I only wish 1% of this forum was as genuine as she is.

She has explained what she does and it can all be verified should you take the trouble, instead of knocking her, for Gods sake give her some credit for what she does and believes in,she saves every penny she can all year to pay for her flights to Zimbabwe, she gives her annual holidays up to do what she does, she can't go with her partner even though they want too because they can't save up enough for two flight tickets so she goes alone, well she's more bottle than most on here, a woman on her own in her forties!!

So if you don't have anything which she knows those children need thats fine, if you have, please check it out as she said, but please stop all this back biting to one of your own forum members and if you can;t say anything good then please keep your mouth shut!!

If anyone is thinking of donating anything to this charity I would do so direct contact the website not a person who just asks for things and provides a mobile number he could be anyone, the tablets is very concerning.

Thanks for the Columbo :rolleyes:

I very rarely come on here anymore for the very reason the way this post has gone.

I know you might not know Teeny,and you certainly don't know me, but I have known Tina over thirty years and I only wish 1% of this forum was as genuine as she is.

She has explained what she does and it can all be verified should you take the trouble, instead of knocking her, for Gods sake give her some credit for what she does and believes in,she saves every penny she can all year to pay for her flights to Zimbabwe, she gives her annual holidays up to do what she does, she can't go with her partner even though they want too because they can't save up enough for two flight tickets so she goes alone, well she's more bottle than most on here, a woman on her own in her forties!!

So if you don't have anything which she knows those children need thats fine, if you have, please check it out as she said, but please stop all this back biting to one of your own forum members and if you can;t say anything good then please keep your mouth shut!!

Well put Applegrim. Teeny has asked for help for these children before, genuine members who've been around for years know that she is legitimate and many have helped in all sorts of ways. Now that everyone knows she and the charity are genuine, I suggest only those who want to help get involved.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Watch BBC1 tonight at 9pm, we have people in the country that need help first before we go helping other countries out.

i fully agree with you, also, why do they keep breeding more children who are possibly going to die from disceases in childhood when they could be stopped in their tracks with a nationwide vasectomy and sterilisation plan of action for the adults at least. just a thought so no back lash please :(

i fully agree with you, also, why do they keep breeding more children who are possibly going to die from disceases in childhood when they could be stopped in their tracks with a nationwide vasectomy and sterilisation plan of action for the adults at least. just a thought so no back lash please :(

Can we please stop taking this thread off topic, moderators have already intervened and much of the bickering has been removed. It doesn't want restarting. If you want to start a thread about poverty and disease in the UK, please feel free.

The children I am supporting are orphans so this isn't relevant to the topic I began

The children I am supporting are orphans so this isn't relevant to the topic I began

oh, I don't know, teeny... ;) ;) ;)

if we sterilised the deceased parents of these orphans, we can be absolutely sure they won't be breeding any more kiddies to be a "burden" on the rich western countries... ;) ;) ;) *sigh*

By the way, I have some good news for you, Teeny... the ladies at my mosque have agreed to have a bit of a collection drive of money and equipment for you towards the June/ July trip, and I have already started picking up some bits and pieces every time I pop to town (plasters, bandages etc), already. :)

Hopefully we can get a cartload of the necessary stuff together in time for the next trip.

I'll facebook you, and we can organise a drive for precisely what is needed, before you go again.

Xx

thank you Plain talker , Applegrim too and Dragoness all we need is to work together as a team , we can make a small difference to these children and a big difference to what their lives can be , they all deserve a chance in life.