What's one thing you know about Sheffield you think no-one else knows?

The bottom of Heely top is the same as the top of Heely bottom!

When Madonna visits her friends in Mexborough they go to a little restaurant on London Road.

The film Les Vacances de M.Hulot was partly filmed in Sheffields French sounding suburb Beauchief.The locations director confused the Sheffield suburb with a small holiday resort near Le Touquet and by the time the mistake was noticed the contracts had been signed and the rest,as they say,is history.

The fims star and co-writer,Jaques Tati,stayed for the duration of the filming at the Big Tree at Woodseats on a bed and breakfast basis and regularly ate at the Bernie Inn at Meadowhead.

There was a barrage balloon on The Ponderosa

Actually that photo was taken at a little known early Pink Floyd concert held in the Ponderosa, it was before they knocked all the rough edges off their show.

The film Les Vacances de M.Hulot was partly filmed in Sheffields French sounding suburb Beauchief.The locations director confused the Sheffield suburb with a small holiday resort near Le Touquet and by the time the mistake was noticed the contracts had been signed and the rest,as they say,is history.

The fims star and co-writer,Jaques Tati,stayed for the duration of the filming at the Big Tree at Woodseats on a bed and breakfast basis and regularly ate at the Bernie Inn at Meadowhead.

That's almost as unbelievable as my post #57, but, once again ... totally true. :thumbsup:

Also ... David Bowie wrote the album 'Diamond Dogs' in 1974 whilst renting the entire top floor of the Parson Cross Hotel (at considerable expense I might just add).

Received to critical acclaim, the entire album isn't just about Parson Cross, it also makes reference to some of the less salubrious areas too.

For instance, the beginning of the actual track 'Diamond Dogs', starts with the now immortal phrase ... 'This ain't rock and roll ... this is Grenoside!'. If you don't believe me, just

is the one about T'Cross.

Classic :D:D:D

Jarvis Cockers mum owns the car wash on City Road :)

I put a Terry Curran footy sticker on top of a Blades floodlight (wonder if it's still there?) when we drew 1-1

Classic :D:D:D

Jarvis Cockers mum owns the car wash on City Road :)

I thought she owned a kitchen appliance shop off London Road - Cocker's Cookers?

I thought she owned a kitchen appliance shop off London Road - Cocker's Cookers?

No,she has a dog grooming parlour at Highfields-Cockers Spanniels

No,she has a dog grooming parlour at Highfields-Cockers Spanniels

That's not hers, hers is called Cocker's Spaniels. :hihi: