Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

The thing is though..your car must be sorned if it isn't taxed..even if you keep it in your own garage...

I have now delved into this and I find I was completely wrong.A vehicle has to be taxed and insured to be parked in any public place.This of course includes all supermarket,restaurant and pub car parks.It doesn't matter if the owner or driver works there or even has permission to park there from the landowner.The same applies to a pub car park,even the landlord or owner cannot park there if their vehicle is not taxed and insured.This however only applies if the public are allowed to use the car park.This is why you sometimes see a small part of a pub car park fenced off for the landlord to park,this then means the public are not allowed in that part and therefore a landlords car would not have to be taxed and insured.It would of course have to be sorned.

Edited by speedway fan
wrong spelling

Hi,

Got a charge notice yesterday for overstaying at the free car park in Berkley centre/precinct off Ecclesall Rd. They claim I was 15 mins over (as I didn't time it, I assume they are correct)..

The company is Vehicle Control Services (VCS) and I was going to go through the POPLA process, but I read that they have changed from BPA to IPC recently - and that it's no longer worth going down that route.

Is this still the right advice? Want to make sure before I send off an appeal.

Hi all

I've resantly been posted a fine for over staying mystay at the car park behind farmfoods and dunelm by 9mins,

Complete accident, letter from Highview parking alot of people I know say its not worth the paper its written on anyone else had similar incident to this and what was out come

Many thanks Darren

Hi all

I've resantly been posted a fine for over staying mystay at the car park behind farmfoods and dunelm by 9mins,

Complete accident, letter from Highview parking alot of people I know say its not worth the paper its written on anyone else had similar incident to this and what was out come

Many thanks Darren

Bin it and forget about it, bin any other letters that arrive including the fake solicitors letters, its incredibly unlikely that you will receive a court summons but if you do, don't bin it deal with it.

Bin it and forget about it, bin any other letters that arrive including the fake solicitors letters, its incredibly unlikely that you will receive a court summons but if you do, don't bin it deal with it.

All the information that abounds about NOT ignoring these letters and you come out with a load of ill-informed tosh. Idiot