Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Thanks Penistone, but from what I've read, it sounds quite formulaic. If that's not the case, please someone say. If the process is:

1. Wait for NtK

2. Issue soft challenge to the invoice.

3. Wait for acceptance of this or rejection and code number.

4. Make hard challenge citing code number.

Draft arguments around the various template letters and focus on absence of a contract between parties and inability to quantify direct loss to UKCPS as a result of any alleged infringement by the driver...

Then I think I can handle that, albeit at a cost in terms of my time.

Any other tips (other than paying someone else to do it)?

Chance of success with UKCPS?

Seems about right...chance of success?....... better than good, possibly 100%, I don't know anybody that's failed.

I'm back...my PCN from 2 years ago has reared it's ugly head again so I could do with some advice!

2 years ago we rented a privately owned space up at West One, all done through a rental agency and paid by DD. We were given a permit to display but as we were happily paying by DD we failed to notice the date on the permit had expired (the date on the permit didn't have any correlation with our rental agreement).

VCS pounced and slapped a PCN for £60 on the car.

Back then the advice was just changing from 'ignore' to 'POPLA route' so we spoke to the rental agency and they told us to ignore it but we appealed to VCS and sent them proof that we had been paying for our space, we also pointed out that nowhere in our rental T&C's did it state that we actually had to display a valid permit.

They declined our appeal and the chain of Roxburghe letters followed. We got one every now and again and we continued to ignore and then it all went quiet.

Then last night we got a letter from DRP (debt recovery plus). It has all the usual guff on about 'if you don't pay we will recommend the creditors solicitor to take action' so I'm not overly worried.

Kirkbylad - is this something you can deal with at this stage?

If it's two years ago I'd just continue to ignore it, the debt is probably been sold around the various agenceys and they all attempt to collect it.

Just keep an eye out for court papers.

Hi all so I refused to pay parking ticket at hillsborough behind dunelm and farmfoods I over stayed at night by 9mins. No cars in it plus its a free car park so really loathed to pay it now ive received a D R P letter saying dept needs to be paid by 31/1/15 for 149.99.

Should I now pay this or is it another scam heard kirkbylad is the one to ask any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Hi all so I refused to pay parking ticket at hillsborough behind dunelm and farmfoods I over stayed at night by 9mins. No cars in it plus its a free car park so really loathed to pay it now ive received a D R P letter saying dept needs to be paid by 31/1/15 for 149.99.

Should I now pay this or is it another scam heard kirkbylad is the one to ask any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Hi Miller Man....I think Geared is right in saying that DRP are the latest to jump on the bandwagon with the demand letters. We've had letters from about 3 different debt recovery companies now giving us all kinds of threats and demands but I'm guessing that if they were planning on taking us to court they would have done it by now as it's been over 2 years since our PCN.

We did have a more recent PCN from Parking Eye and those guys are a bit more sneaky so we used the service on the Parking Ticket Appeals website to get rid of that one for us.

Just received a parking fine for £50 for parking over a bay line. Called in jollys to buy a rabbit hutch and wouldn't have got it in car if I had parked between lines. I wouldn't mind but it was 2pm on a Wednesday and the car park wasn't exactly full. A livid I thought it was free parking! A warning to everyone

Sorry, but can't sympathise with this. Park between the lines next time!

Do a search on here i think the general idea is ignore it.

Sort of agree. If the car park wasn't full then could easily have parked away from other cars and still between the lines. That said... I've never noticed a sign threatening fines for bad parking at Meadowhall before? If one wasn't visible then you might have grounds for appeal.

You were ripped off twice then !

I bet that kind of enforcement brings in a fair amount of money.

Obviously I didn't know I would get fined the car park wasn't full but I needed to park near entrance to carry the rabbit hutch

I used to work on the retail park. We used to reserve the bays right outside the doors for disabled and pick ups.