Any compassionate mechanics on here

I recently bought a van for my rescue helping hand dog rescue ,On a run last friday it developed a problem ,since been told that it has jumped a tooth on timing , I am struggling at moment to keep the rescue running and was wondering if we had any compassionate mechanics or garages on here that could help by providing labour free ,the rescue would cover costs of parts ,or is there any collages the would take the job on to educate students .big ask i know but i have to try.

If anyone can do this, please, please help. It's a very worth cause.

Pets@home works so hard saving dogs every day. His rescue relies totally on donations and he cannot keep going without help from the public.

Have you complained to the place you bought it from - the problem might have been there from the start

There must be someone on here who can help this fella,as with all the local rescues he works tirelessly to help animals in need...

If someone can help fantastic if not please put the word out,times are hard for a lot of us but especially animal rescues...

:help::help:

its a vivaro2.0

---------- Post added 06-03-2014 at 23:30 ----------

If there is any garages that could help they would get some free advertising on my website &on the van itself , please i beg if anyone can help please do, there is also a appeal for help (donations) on facebook page helping hands dog rescue:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::love:

Chances are its going to need a new chain, guides and tensioner which is not cheap. Timing chains usually jump teeth when they have been starved of oil for a long period of time, unfortunately people tend to neglect the oil on their engine and the timing chain is usually the first thing to suffer.

Jumping it back or forth a tooth or so is false economy as the chain will have stretched anyway.

My advise to any motorist is to change the oil and filter to manufactures recommended intervals and check and top up as needed at least once a month.

Good luck anyway I hope you get it sorted.

I have always maintained my vehicles ,as a dogs life could depend on it

Chances are its going to need a new chain, guides and tensioner which is not cheap. Timing chains usually jump teeth when they have been starved of oil for a long period of time, unfortunately people tend to neglect the oil on their engine and the timing chain is usually the first thing to suffer.

Jumping it back or forth a tooth or so is false economy as the chain will have stretched anyway.

My advise to any motorist is to change the oil and filter to manufactures recommended intervals and check and top up as needed at least once a month.

Good luck anyway I hope you get it sorted.

It's usually the chain tensioner that fails leaving the chain slack and liable to slip a tooth.