Teacher suspended after tape put over school kids mouths

If we were in a grown up world, then the pupils would apologise to the teacher and the teacher would have a break/ retraining on holiday and also apologise to the parents and pupils.

Nobody would sue anyone.

Children would be quiet and less disruptive.

Everyone would get back to normal.

What will be a disgrace is if there are compensation claims and litigation involved. Crazy world.

If we were in a grown up world, then the pupils would apologise to the teacher and the teacher would have a break/ retraining on holiday and also apologise to the parents and pupils.

Nobody would sue anyone.

What will be a disgrace is if there are compensation claims and litigation involved. Crazy world.

Please stop saying that people are going to sue people here.

For what? There are no injuries to the kids, or if there are, it'll be slightly chapped lips, and a small claim. If any of these were to land on my desk, they'd get a very stern letter saying "err no, you have no claim". The parents have no claim either.

There will be no claims.

How times have changed, I had to work in a book cupboard with the door locked.

Am I the only one who had to suppress a smirk on hearing the news?

Nobody would sue anyone.

We are in a grown up world, and the way she uses cellotape to tape over a child's mouth is not likely to achieve what she sets out to do, and also it is making the child thinks that you are on the same level as they are and is their "peers". Well, in this case, she has traumatised the child, as they are still learning how to be themselves in school and with their peers. That does confuse them.

Even in primary education, to make the child "play", you make the work fun. Not to play with them this way !! This is so ridiculous.

Pupils don't know any better and it between the parent to discipline as well as the teacher. This kind of discipline is just ridiculous.

I'm shocked that this happens in school.

In my days, I would just get a threat about house points, and then I get evil stares from my classmates. :roll:

We are in a grown up world, and the way she uses cellotape to tape over a child's mouth is not likely to achieve what she sets out to do, and also it is making the child thinks that you are on the same level as they are and is their "peers". Well, in this case, she has traumatised the child, as they are still learning how to be themselves in school and with their peers. That does confuse them.

Even in primary education, to make the child "play", you make the work fun. Not to play with them this way !! This is so ridiculous.

Pupils don't know any better and it between the parent to discipline as well as the teacher. This kind of discipline is just ridiculous.

I'm shocked that this happens in school.

In my days, I would just get a threat about house points, and then I get evil stares from my classmates. :roll:

I don't believe that any children were 'traumatised' by this, as evidenced by the smirks on their faces and the joy on their parents' faces as they tried to get one over on an authority figure. Edited by Aleksandr

:hihi:

In my days (and I'm not that old at all), depending on the teacher and class, you'd get a dripping car sponge, or a hard board rubber - usually always catching you out by surprise while you were distracted/distracting.

So the choice was either chalky water "splash damage", or a temporary rubber corner rash. Needless to say, there wasn't a whole lot of distraction/chatting going on.

Oh, and no complaints from the parents of sponge/rubber recipients either. Ever.

IMHO the headteacher lost an occasion to support his staff at this most difficult of times ;) (there was no need nor requirement to condone, of course - but clearly there was a need to support, and to admonish parents and kids as much as the teacher). I'd like to think other teachers and unions will give him what for, for dropping his kegs before the parents so readily.

EDIT - not a partisan edit as such, but I did catch the BBC interview with the female parent with that "smirk" and yes, it did look well out of order/out of place, really like she was looking forward to the teacher losing his/her job.

Edited by L00b

I don't believe that any children were 'traumatised' by this, as evidenced by the smirks on their faces and the joy on their parents faces as they tried to get one over on an authority figure.

They couldn't just be happy because the bully teacher was being reprimanded for the actions then ?

Having a grin does not mean anyone was complicit in just trying to 'get one over on an authority figure'.

:hihi:

In my days (and I'm not that old at all), depending on the teacher and class, you'd get a dripping car sponge, or a hard board rubber - usually always catching you out by surprise while you were distracted/distracting.

So the choice was either chalky water "splash damage", or a temporary rubber corner rash. Needless to say, there wasn't a whole lot of distraction/chatting going on.

Oh, and no complaints from the parents of sponge/rubber recipients either. Ever.

IMHO the headteacher lost an occasion to support his staff at this most difficult of times ;) (there was no need nor requirement to condone, of course - but clearly there was a need to support, and to admonish parents and kids as much as the teacher). I'd like to think other teachers and unions will give him what for, for dropping his kegs before the parents so readily.

If I went home and told my mother I had been caned for being disruptive, she would give me a thick ear too! Followed by "wait til ya father gets home" and another crack..:hihi:

Do we know if any of the parents feinted while these views were put forward?

Or parried?

How times have changed, I had to work in a book cupboard with the door locked.

Cardboard box? You were lucky!

Am I the only one who thinks that this is quite outrageous ? Why would a grown up adult put cellotape on a child's mouth ? Especially one that is not yours ??

I do not get this. If they are unruly and the teacher cannot control them, then this just affects their grade, simple. Why put yourself in this kind of situation to be fired ??

If the do gooders hadnt banned the cane we wouldnt be in a position where kids can do as they wish in school and the teachers are powerless to stop them.