Any Ex-Pats in the US

Originally posted by "mikey"

Ex Patriot

Someone who has left there homeland.

Any others definitions?

So does moving to another countryt make them an EX Patriot?

I'd still be a patriot of 'GREAT BRITAIN' if I moved to the states.

Originally posted by mikey

Het Owlsfan, I am thinking of taking a trip to the west coast next year (Not Blackpool - America) Where are the best places?

I want to do Las Vegas for a few days, what San Diego like?

Any views welcome, this is like a reverse post!! Instead of whats Sheffield like, whats America like.

I like San Diego very much lots of bars, restaurants etc. Also in Southern California the LA area is worth a day or two. Though it's not all it's cracked up to be...

San Francisco is one of the nicest cities in the US and well worth a trip. Lot's to do. If you do the trip to Vegas fly from Oakland (OAK) or LAX via SouthWest Airlines (Like easyjet very cheap!)

Don't use a UK travel agent forinternal flights in the us use the internet...

Hi there,

Born and raised in Beauchief, Sheffield, moved to the US about two and a half years ago. Lived in Wyoming for a while, but I am currently settled in Oklahoma.

I stumbled on this place while searching google for something totally unrelated, it was quite a suprise, but a pleasant one.

Hi Y'all,

I have been living in Gulf Breeze, North Florida for the last 9 years. I work in a hotel on Pensacola Beach, which means I see the beach and the sea all day, every day. The weather is 95 degrees right now during the day and warm and humid at night. I am very spoilt and take it for granted a lot. However, I miss home very much and I get home sick a lot. Then I came across this web site last week and I can't get enough of it. I may live in Florida, but I am still a true Brit and my home will always be in Sheffield.

See you all in October.

Is it still raining?

Guest poppins

I left Sheffield 40 years ago, go back often but miss the old days, buses are empty now, why? Use to be standing room only, we use to dash upstairs to get the front seats, miss the old Walshes, my mom worked as a waitress there in the 50s, we couldn't afford to shop there but use to go in just to use the lav's, and see mom tired out waiting on all the rich people having lunch, good times and bad.

Hi the bus service's were better run back then,nearly always on time & you did not have to wait ages for the bus to arrive.I have lived in Barnsley for 25 years since leaving Heeley & the bus service is atrotious,never on time ,sometimes they don't turn up.Like all things people were more caring back then, than they are now its a case of i'm alright Jack society.I was brought up to help as much as I can & the same for my kidsBut you don't see much of that nowadays.

Guest poppins

YES TOSH, BETTER SERVICE BACK THEN, LAST TIME I WAS HOME I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE BUSES ALL LINED UP COULD KEEP THE ENGINES RUNNING, ISN'T GAS EXPENSIVE IN ENGLAND ?

IT IS IN THE US, GOING UP TO $50 A BARREL NOW, BETTER GET BUSH BACK IN ASAP.

Yes Poppin like most things in the UK now,we get ripped off & say nothing.You live in the US, well you can understand how low prices are there compared to us.Granted the US is bigger but surely our prices even compared to most of europe are higher,always have been always will be,see my point is we don't complain enough to the right people to get things changed.We are well known for putting up with bad services & product prices.Anyway welcome back.

Guest poppins

YES TOSH

OUR PRICES SEEM LOWER TO YOU, BUT NOT TO US, ALSO I'V ALWAYS KNOWN ENGISH PEOPLE TO VOICE THEIR OPINIONS MUCH MORE, MORE PROTESTS ECT, THEY GOT RID OF THAT THATCHER TAX DIDN'T THEY ?

Well I suppose so,but you have to admit the Brits are not good at arguing .I am, want to argue LOL

Originally posted by poppins

IT IS IN THE US, GOING UP TO $50 A BARREL NOW, BETTER GET BUSH BACK IN ASAP.

Rubbish, its through him with the Iraq conflict thats pushed oil prices through the roof, anyways Americans have had low oil / gas prices for years about time they paid what everyone else has to and pay for the damage they're doing to the environment.

That man is an utter walking disaster, sooner he is out of power the sooner the world will be a safer place.

Guest poppins

maga_monty

just trust me.