Where can I find a lot of steps near Walkley please

Odd request please people. Early March I am competing in a charity event for Shelter which basically means running up one of the towers at Canary Wharf. Obviously part of my training will involve running up hills and as I live in Walkley they are easy enough to find. Run up Blake street once or twice and you will no what I mean.

What I was also hoping for was actual steps. Can anyone think of a decent place near Walkley that might have a lot of steps please?

thanks in advance.

I'm not that familiar with the area, but aren't there quite a few leading up out of Ponderosa ?

You might have a job on finding any with all this snow covering them.....

Odd request please people. Early March I am competing in a charity event for Shelter which basically means running up one of the towers at Canary Wharf. Obviously part of my training will involve running up hills and as I live in Walkley they are easy enough to find. Run up Blake street once or twice and you will no what I mean.

What I was also hoping for was actual steps. Can anyone think of a decent place near Walkley that might have a lot of steps please?

thanks in advance.

Have you thought about climbing the Royal Hallamshire Hospitals steps a few times for your training? It's no where near as tall as Canary Wharf but I think that it has over 20 floors, which you could climb a few times.

hmmmm maybe hospital, but turning up in shorts and trainers there might not go down well :(

Aren't there steps leading from Crookes Valley Road down into Crookes Valley Park? Quite sure there are.

Have a look around the walkley working mens club, im sure there is some around there?? i remember climbing them one night after a party at the club.... I think! lol

thanks in advance.

There are steps between Walkley Bank Road and Walkley Road.

here

http://goo.gl/maps/ZoiWn

Can't think of many more to be honest, all the others I can bring to mind are shorter.

Aren't there steps leading from Crookes Valley Road down into Crookes Valley Park? Quite sure there are.

Yes, and there are some on the other side of the road to. Mind you that is 20 year old knowledge but I certainly recall lazy summer days sat on them revising for my exams.

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 15:52 ----------

There are steps between Walkley Bank Road and Walkley Road.

here

http://goo.gl/maps/ZoiWn

Can't think of many more to be honest, all the others I can bring to mind are shorter.

I could be mistaken but I think that's cobbled, not steps.

Get into Hillsborough early on a matchday and run up and down the Kop. At least you will provide some pre-match entertainment and then have a pie and Hendersons to reward yourself. (if you had done it while Dave Jones was manager you could have had a sleep from 3 o'clock to recover)

Good luck with your fundraising

Yes, and there are some on the other side of the road to. Mind you that is 20 year old knowledge but I certainly recall lazy summer days sat on them revising for my exams.

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 15:52 ----------

I could be mistaken but I think that's cobbled, not steps.

Yeah, scratch that, it's only steps in my head!

Edited by Cyclone

Get into Hillsborough early on a matchday and run up and down the Kop. At least you will provide some pre-match entertainment and then have a pie and Hendersons to reward yourself. (if you had done it while Dave Jones was manager you could have had a sleep from 3 o'clock to recover)

Good luck with your fundraising

Hey, that's a good idea. Could be a bit of a scoop and end up bringing in more sponsors, get the Star and Radio Sheffield on board etc! Why don't you get in touch with SWFC publicity officer?