Home brewed STRONG lager

Used to make my own Cider many years ago ...once made 300 gallons in a year ...whenever we had a BBQ ,i'd ask the lasses...'would you like a glass of home made Cider ' ? ...'oh no,they would reply ,' it's too strong, cant stand the stuff ' ....it wa' 11%. :thumbsup:

So i would then ask em ..'fancy a drop of home made Apple wine instead ' ? ...'oooh yes please ' came the reply ....( Cider in a Wine Glass ) ...they loved it ..wish you could've seen their faces when i told 'em .... :hihi::thumbsup:

Never had a problem cleaning & sterilising my barrel.

Very roughly, put about half a gallon in to clean it, seal the barrel, pick it up and give it a good shake to make sure it all gets cleaned, empty & rinse, repeat until you're happy then fill it with sterilising solution & let it stand, rinse it out before using for beer

I would strongly (he he!!) advise anybody taking this route of cheap alco to get a real expert alco brewer in first. Some of the stuff I've encountered over the years would make for you sign up for an account with Andrex toilet tissues... putrid sewage water.

How anybody can sup this stuff (especially with the ropey looking clay/dancing sediment is beyond me. You are playing with yer life just to get drunk in the cheapest possible way.

Stick with Frostys added with real lemonade :thumbsup: