Police presence?

My youngest daughter refuses to report it because she fears reprisal as he was with a gang. The oldest one won't report it because sadly she feels that the police won't do anything due to lack of resources. There were no police cars at Asda on that afternoon I'm afraid which is why he felt he could get away with it. There aren't any police on Deerlands Avenue, this is the second time she has been assaulted on there; she was really afraid of going out to work this morning

In other words you're complaining because the police weren't there at the specific time of the assault?

Don't complain about the police when you won't even report crimes, they're not psychics.

I'm not after sympathy, we have used the police services in the past to no avail. I merely would like to see more police out there to stop the crime occuring in the first place, surely my daughter has the right to go to work safely whether she reports the crime or not.

Police officers will be sent to patrol areas where there is lots of crime reported. If you don't report it, they don't know it's happened!

In other words you're complaining because the police weren't there at the specific time of the assault?

Don't complain about the police when you won't even report crimes, they're not psychics.

I understand what you are saying but I did report a crime a few years ago, there was kids setting fires in my area, I stopped a gang of them and phoned the then 101 number for the police to come and sort them out, they didn't send anyone and as a result I had a campaign against my property which culminated in a gas pipe being punctured, there was no arrests; no one was caught and my life was then a misery because I had called the police in front of them. That aside I am not asking for psychic policemen just a police presence as a preventative measure

There simply aren't enough police officers to have them everywhere in the country at all times! So therefore they will be in areas where they believe they are needed most. If crimes don't get reported, they won't know they're needed!

No Dude- she's complaining about the general lack of police presence in her area, that's pretty clear from the op.

And her daughters don't want to complain because they believe (probably correctly) that the police will do nothing, and, they're concerned about retribution.

What they want is a police presence in their community.

There simply aren't enough police officers to have them everywhere in the country at all times! So therefore they will be in areas where they believe they are needed most.

Like when the three cars full were 'needed' for the television show.

I know that they can't be everywhere, they aren't omnipotent and maybe my daughters should report the crimes, as a mother I have pleaded with them both to, but there is an element of fear from reprisal after reporting the crimes; something which we have experienced as a family in the past and at the time there was no heightened police presence that made us feel safe and secure.

As I have already said I am old school and was brought up to respect the police and totally understand that they can't do everything but my angst is that there is so much red tape keeping the police off the streets and there could be more of a police presence if they weren't having to do administrative tasks.

I know that my daughters' safety can never be guaranteed but if there were more police out there, thugs may think twice before attacking young girls.

No Dude- she's complaining about the general lack of police presence in her area, that's pretty clear from the op.

And her daughters don't want to complain because they believe (probably correctly) that the police will do nothing, and, they're concerned about retribution.

There can't be retribution if the police do nothing.

What they want is a police presence in their community.[/QUO

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm trying to get across :)

And as has already been stated - unless the police have such incidents reported to them how are they supposed to know where their very limited resources are to be put ?

There can't be retribution if the police do nothing.

Retribution from the gang/assailants, not the police.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 12:35 ----------

And as has already been stated - unless the police have such incidents reported to them how are they supposed to know where their very limited resources are to be put ?

The police should know full well that in certain areas, crimes will be undereported due to the victims being scared of retribution from the criminals.

And that's entirely understandable- the victims often have children and don't want to risk petrol poured through the letterbox etc.

That's why a police presence in those areas is a bit of a no-brainer- people in crime ridden areas feel safer if there's a sufficient police presence, and they feel more confident in reporting incidents.

If they police want cooperation from the locals- if they want more victims to report crimes, then they need to do something to make them feel safe; which, in this case, would be a regular police presence in the area.

Retribution from the gang/assailants, not the police.

I think he meant that if the police don't get involved there is less chance that the offenders will seek revenge for the offended dobbing them in .

I think he meant that if the police don't get involved there is less chance that the offenders will seek revenge for the offended dobbing them in .

Aye, that's what I meant.

If the police don't get involved, or do nothing when told, then the gang will have nothing to get revenge for. And they won't even know the police have been involved unless the police actively do something.