Clothes shop cambridge st

there used to be a clothes shop around the 90s on cambridge street selling levis and doc martins etc !! upstairs in the little misters units . cant remember the name ???? help

bankrupt? or pepes was the goth type shop

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

There used to be one called Joe's Clothes. It sold a lot of black clothing to cater to the early goth scene.

there used to be a clothes shop around the 90s on cambridge street selling levis and doc martins etc !! upstairs in the little misters units . cant remember the name ???? help

i cant remember either lol, at the very top of cambridge street? it was up some rickety stairs, had a couple of boxes of records on the floor too? thats why i went lol

if its the same place it was run by a guy i knew from college

There was Pippys in the later 80s early 90s and then the early incarnation of Rocky Horrors was up the rickety stairs in the dilapidated buildings on Cambridge Street.

There was Pippys in the later 80s early 90s and then the early incarnation of Rocky Horrors was up the rickety stairs in the dilapidated buildings on Cambridge Street.

pippys wasnt up stairs and was there in the 70s etc aswell, roky horrors was a bit further down the same building from the one im thinking off?? wasnt there long, you lot are thinking goth, hippy, alternative but the one he means and i think i know sold stuff more like shoes and jeans rather than full on alternative stuff

Having worked in both, Pippy's was on the lower part of Cambridge Street then later Rocky Horrors was at the top inside a building with other small shops (yes up the rickety stairs!) and workshops around the back (upholsterers etc).

I worked at pippys in the 80s and my speciality was ripping people off who wanted to sell their leather jackets! ..'how much do yo,want for it?' .. '£20?..' I'll give you a fiver take it or leave it!! Oh i feel bad now.. I used to work there in my tiniest hotpants!! Omg