Anyone been burgled today??? S6

There was someone hanging round our back last night the dog barked they tryed the door. I turned the lights on and they must have run I did not open my back door I was too scared it was about 3am. I live in longley

I will let me folks know, they live at longley, im going up today :thumbsup:

a friend of mine was burgled while she was upstairs e week or so ago she lives on vere rd which is cloe to leppings lane i believe

My husband is a locksmith and there have been a spate of flats that have been ransacked and some items stolen in the London Road area. But, to make sure your place is secure, when you enter your home, put your keys away and don't leave any handbags in your kitchen. You would be amazed at the number of keys stolen by someone watching your house.

It a sorry state, but most of these burglaries are drugs related. Sad!

yes the fair will be something to do with it they are gypsys they take owt

What's your source? Burglars are everywhere and a high number are non-gypsy!

I live not far from Leppings Lane so thanks for the tip off :thumbsup:

About eight months ago me and our lass were laid in bed when I heard someone creeping up the steps to our flat at about 3am, I stealthily slipped out of bed and down to the front door ready to get all "Tony Martin" on their asses (minus the illegal shotgun of course). When I got down there I could hear someone fiddling with the lock and thought to myself "Right, whoever's on the otherside of this door is going to get a shoeing".

I was confronted by a young woman in clubbing garb, as refreshed as a newt, who had got the wrong flat. She was highly embarassed unlike me who stood there proudly defending his home in his pants :D

About 3 weeks ago my 76 year old house bound nanna was burgled at 6.45pm whilst she was in bed. the two scumbags told her they were wardens and luckily they were disturbed by the homecare worker.(There are no wardens where she lives!!)

So they didnt get anything but more to the point they didnt hurt her, but my point is its not just breaking in and taking your possessions but its the fact that they terrify you especially if you can't defend yourself.

Oooh! Not a sweeping generalisation in sight! :rolleyes:

Sweeping generalisations are futile because they'd end up stealing the broom...

be careful what u say why do fair people always get scapegoated the showmen probably own a lot more than alot of people the rides are not cheap talking hundreds of thousnads

last year before xmas i think cant recall exact date, but a girl pushed a note in our door, her scooter had been taken, i live just off leppings lane, i know the fair people have bad press, but, it could be anyone, someone just walking past and seeing stuff in a window they want. If its petty theft like small change, handbags and mobiles then its more likely to be drugies or kids.

mi mam sez that

"in the olden days you didn't have to lock your doors at night".

yes, and when i go on holiday the villiage i stay in is like that, but sheffield aint! hold your bag tight and lock everything that can be locked.

some people would steal the clothes of your back if they could and the food in your fridge, this is life, however irritating is, we can do nothing to stop them

some people would steal the clothes of your back if they could and the food in your fridge, this is life, however irritating is, we can do nothing to stop them

Its ok my fridge has a lock on it!!

I live just off leppings lane and im gettin extremly paranoid bout these thefts now :( :( :(