What is the best premium beauty cream?

Hi thanks for the replies some good advice, I always exfoliate my skin at least once a week I know a build of dead skin cells can make your skin look dull, palmers brings back memories I used to use this years ago. I always use a moisturiser at night, going back to nivea I always remember it being really greasy is it still like this?

I don't think you can go wrong with palmers cocoa butter, it's not expensive, smells lovely, doesn't leave your skin greasy and rubs in well, all of my black friends swear by it and they all have lovely smooth skin, iv used it for years too and wouldn't change to anything else

Fine, if you want to go around smelling like a bar of chocolate.

Exfoliate every day if you could, and then go for a deep soak to open all your pores each week with a deep hot bath with salted bath salt. Just basic deep sea salt, cos from my research I also realised that the salt actually does get absorbed into the skin's deep layer too and salt also does kill bacterias as well.

A lot of people actually also have this but they think that this is normal and healthy but it isn't really. Trapped hair under the skin and no exfoliation actually does not increase your skin's circulation and blood flow and not add value to the lower layer's fat.

For guys, it is trapped hairs when shaving as well, and even if they shave in the wrong direction and get a cut, not many actually heal the open wound properly to begin with with aspirin and therefore add to the inflammation as well.

I showed my bf that and he was surprised. I also realised why some good old barber shops uses extremely hot towels to open the pores to enable the hair to be available before the actual shave, and then the shave can cut much closer and cleaner by pressing on the skin, than your conventional electric shaver. Proper barbers know the direction to shave the hair and not against it and therefore pushes back.

Oh, I also found this out lately, which is that any towels that we use, should also be cleaned and the bacterias removed too. I now either use an extremely hot wash, or I also use Dettol to clean the face towels too. Sometimes I am using bleach to soak them and re-rinse them etc. Cos I realised that when I was younger, my face towels used to disintegrate easily than my brothers and I did not know why. It is because I either did not use hot enough water to soak them and to kill off the bacterias or that I did not dry the towels enough and the bacterias remain to breed in the semi-soft wet towel and then I clean my face with it "again". Doh ! I put the germs back on my face basically. Haha... Oh dear. I am also now an anti-bacteria clean freak and uses several ways to kill off bacterias from breeding, so that I do not forget or miss a step just in case it doesn't work in one method. :hihi:

Also, do not be tempted to apply make up and "hide" bad skin areas cos it will just inflamed the skin's condition as well. Use proper treatment to the affected areas asap. cos that was how I damaged the areas above my upper lips as I did not let it heal first before I applied a foundation on top to hide it for work. :rolleyes:

Hi thanks for the replies some good advice, I always exfoliate my skin at least once a week I know a build of dead skin cells can make your skin look dull, palmers brings back memories I used to use this years ago. I always use a moisturiser at night, going back to nivea I always remember it being really greasy is it still like this?

There is a new nivea product called Nivea Soft, which isn't as greasy (yes it is as greasy) but it has a funny smell that I don't like.

Astral's new 'light and creamy' is very good and quite cheap, as is Simple hydrating lotion.

I always use a moisturiser at night, going back to nivea I always remember it being really greasy is it still like this?

Yes, greasy as hell, but I think that's why it works! Deff only a night time cream.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 22:16 ----------

There is a new nivea product called Nivea Soft, which isn't as greasy (yes it is as greasy) but it has a funny smell that I don't like.

Astral's new 'light and creamy' is very good and quite cheap, as is Simple hydrating lotion.

I quite like this product, very light. Also like the smell in a retro sun-cream kind of way. Also, was half price this week in Tesco.

I'm starting to sound like some kind of moisturiser price comparison expert, very worrying. Just coincidentally needed to replace used up face cream this weekend, honest.

Edited by Olive

I think AliceBB has been/is both.

Thank you. Yes, I was a teacher (30+ years!) and I now run my own decorating and interior design business. Also been a breastfeeding counsellor, (plus all the other jobs which parenthood forces on you : chauffeur, cook, cleaner, entertainer, seamstress, hairdresser, personal shopper, etc., etc.!)

Edited by aliceBB

...If you want to use good skin products which is more au naturel, either opt for Elemis, Clarins, Decleors or Shseido. ...

How are those rather expensive brand products 'au naturel'? Their moisturisers are as stuffed full of the usual chemical ingredients that go into most most moisturisers.

As for essential oils, a wee bit of research will reveal their activity and usefulness, or otherwise, but the key thing to note is that applying them to the skin is a bad idea unless they're first diluted in a suitable carrier oil. Some essential oils are notorious irritants, and the effect on the skin can be exacerbated by exposure to sunlight, ie. when you set foot outside.

...Later on, I think I will also get one of these !

http://www.clarisonic.co.uk/

£179 for a vibrating brush and some of those tiny tubes I mentioned above. Fantastic! I love how their 'evidence' for the 'helps reduce appearance of pores, fine lines & wrinkles' claim is 'self-assessment on 36 women after 8 weeks' :hihi: .