Things I'm Sick To Death Of..

top4718

Can anyone help me out? I'm looking to move to Sheffield and need to know what's hot an what's not? Currently live in Portsmouth xx

Do you mean what area to live? Or do you mean other things like shopping, night life, jobs etc?

Re the area, it all depends on how much money you want to pay out.

Re: MazyBunnyX enquiry regarding moving from Portsmouth to Sheffield.

If I were you I would visit Sheffield for a couple of days during the week. Board a Tinsley to Dore Bus and you'll see East to West through the City Centre. Makes notes as you go along. Then get a map of bus routes and plan a journey from Chesterfield to City Centre, and City Centre to Chapeltown and

Burncross. You will see how the City Fathers have buggered up the City since I was privileged to be a bobby there.

For such a big decision you should make the time to use Google maps to explore the City, get back copies of The Sheffield Star, you might find them on-line, and study the want and for sale ads, and properties for sale. If the taxi ranks are still in Fitzalan Square or Barker's Pool, get in one and be prepared to spend a few quid being driven around whilst you interrogate the driver about the City.

If I had the choice between Portsmouth and Sheffield, I would without doubt decide upon Portsmouth, but that would be my choice.

Good luck and take care.

P.C. Plod

Re: MazyBunnyX enquiry regarding moving from Portsmouth to Sheffield.

If I were you I would visit Sheffield for a couple of days during the week. Board a Tinsley to Dore Bus and you'll see East to West through the City Centre. Makes notes as you go along. Then get a map of bus routes and plan a journey from Chesterfield to City Centre, and City Centre to Chapeltown and

Burncross. You will see how the City Fathers have buggered up the City since I was privileged to be a bobby there.

For such a big decision you should make the time to use Google maps to explore the City, get back copies of The Sheffield Star, you might find them on-line, and study the want and for sale ads, and properties for sale. If the taxi ranks are still in Fitzalan Square or Barker's Pool, get in one and be prepared to spend a few quid being driven around whilst you interrogate the driver about the City.

If I had the choice between Portsmouth and Sheffield, I would without doubt decide upon Portsmouth, but that would be my choice.

Good luck and take care.

P.C. Plod

Good advice there:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love Portsmouth! Shall we just swap? Lol xx

• 9 months later...
my biggest hate is the mindless sun and daily mail readers who want britain back where it was 20/30 years ago when we were a racist nation run by scum who were ignorant to other people's cultures. just because the papers say there's gonna be a mass influx of romanians/czech whatever, doesnt mean its true.

people who sit at home and make these assumptions and judgements on people, but wouldnt speak out against it given the chance, who would still employ a foreign builder/painter/decorator in their house if they did the job twice as quick for half the price.

the real threat to our country are the politicians in power, the corrupt police force and the courts who jail innocent people while criminals run free.

I think it goes back further than 20/30 years ago

I hate window cleaners who turn up when they like at their own convenience never having the decency to knock on your door before they park up their ladders.The ones that gossip about neighbours are the worst and if you dare to sack them for doing a poor job they end up blacklisting you,well at least that's my experience.God help you if your ex window cleaner should hate your guts but get on famously with the neighbours on either side of you whom you have fallen out with lol.

Things I'm Sick To Death Of............People who think that it's possible to stop change. The only constant thing in the world is change, and we should focus our efforts on adapting to and taking advantage of that change rather trying to stop it.