Strong winds Thursday

Oh dear...hope nobody is seriously injured.

I just went out for my lunch and it's really quiet on Fargate, if you're not bothered by the wind then today is the day to do some xmas shopping!

I am absolutely petrified of this wind! I decided to go to college by bike today and on a way back it turned into nightmare! wind pushed me so bad that i had to run to keep my balance. Eventually it got so strong that I decided to stop and get hold of something but before I managed to do that my bike lifted and flew 2m away! that's over 15kg weight!

later when i thought things got calmer i get on bike to roll off hill because my chain fell off. when i get to bottom of hill my speed was 5km/h then wind pushed me uphill and i gained speed of 15km/h me & my bike + heavy bag weights +/- 69kg!

then on flat road wind pushed me to 17km/h and i had to put brakes on because i got scared. i bet it could push me to a lot greater speeds!

I've seen 2 big trees loosing huge branches and i have fell over twice so far :(

I hope that no one will get hurt

unfortunately today asda meant to bring food to me today... I am starving!

Edited by RedFeather

I can see the large crane near Broomhill from my office window and they are having to work really hard to ensure the jib is not exposed to the wind. I wouldn't want to be the poor sod up in the drivers booth in these conditions . . .

Sign just blown off Atkinsons in Sheffield. Hit a pedestrian and a car before smashing on a bus shelter. Not pretty.

Pedestrian was walked to paramedic car, and driven away. Ambulance not required, so can't be too serious.

Is public transport still running?

How about starting a list of school closures?

Side gate blow apart .. not just off it's hinges. Scary out here in the Peaks

Theres a cat walking accross the garden with a "whoa what the ducks going off here? I wish this wind would bugger off" expression on its face

Our thoughts are with people chasing their blue bins ... keep safe folks.

hahahha! post of the day :)

Side gate blow apart .. not just off it's hinges. Scary out here in the Peaks

Crystal Peaks?