Give a jobsworth a hat!!

I can't believe it,my 30yr old son in law was refused a few cans of lager in Arbouthorne CO-OP tonight as he looked too young.

Not having any of that,I went across to buy it for him,and I was refused as I may give it to him.

So,stroppy young newby shop assistant,that is two people humiliated in front of a shopful of people,thanks very much.

That's a compliment for him isn't it ? :huh:

I'd have been well chuffed. :hihi:

He doesn't have any form of id?

I can't believe it,my 30yr old son in law was refused a few cans of lager in Arbouthorne CO-OP tonight as he looked too young.

Not having any of that,I went across to buy it for him,and I was refused as I may give it to him.

So,stroppy young newby shop assistant,that is two people humiliated in front of a shopful of people,thanks very much.

The shop assistant has to follow the rules http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8693997.stm

One dosn't expect to need ID when one is 30, it happens that he hadn.t,but my word should have been enough,I spend a fortune in that overpriced shop and do not expect to be humiliated by a smug little jobsworth.

I am 38 and still have it in a lot of places i go.I now have to carry my passport with me all the time which i hate having to do.When i did not have my id with me i get refused to be served.The reply to well i am 38 i did not think i would actually need id at my age was take it as a compliment.Sorry but i did not go in for a compliment i could have got that at home.It is not always possible to go to another shop :loopy:

Hit them where it hurts, don't use them again.

The shop assistant has to follow the rules http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8693997.stm

Since then, the penalties for pubs, supermarkets and off-licences that sell alcohol to people aged under 18 have increased from £10,000 to £20,000, with the added threat of a six-month prison term.

Clearly the shop assistant should have ignored all this to avoid a minor inconvenience to the OP.

Well done to the shop assistant for doing her job. Especially because of the post above mine. I look younger than what I am and need ID frequently. I got said ID and have no problem showing it in shops when asked.

I'd like to see a photo of the OP and her son in law on the front of The Star wearing suitably glum/outraged expressions.

It's a pain in the bum and similar has happened to me and my partner many a time but they might lose their job, shop get fined etc. etc. and I do appreciate that.

There are free ID cards you can get, like a Prove It, or a small charge for a Citizencard. If you don't have a drivers licence then this is a cheap and more convenient solution to carrying your passport.

First world problems eh?

i got asked there for i.d for lottery , im 33 she then was announcing to the shop how young i look , no need for that .