Nirmal's to close!

You are confusing Nirmal with Tan and Jason's restaurant Anilas which was the same building as their former restaurant Gangsters which used to be the Cambridge Motors showroom.They actually moved into Charter Square

I am and thanks for reminding me of Gangsters.

Good riddance. Only went once, so bad I never went again. Awful place due to the various reasons listed above.

My husband and I only went the once, I nearly burst into tears when the bill came, as I had offered to treat hubby lol, Butlers Balti house are just as bad been twice never again.

Brought pickle tray out not ordered, then one of the staff reading menu and advising what to have, ( priciest on the menu of course ) then asking me didn't I like the bhajis because I didn't eat all of it.!!!

Are the staff related to the old girl :)

Edited by julesmarie
wrong place

I think there's a consensus (and, yes, I went once and experienced all the bad stuff related on here, including the sweaty old trout) that it will not be mised.

Many moons ago I was short listed for a reviewers position with the good curry guide, Nirmals was one of the sites I had to review, my guest for the evening? It was supposed to be my new boss, however we also had the 'pleasure' of a quite whiffy rhino wearing a sari giving it the hard sell on poppadoms and Indian mango.

On the positive side I have had some of my more memorable Indian dishes there

The Cod Tikka, the Lamb Massallam and the Chana come to mind. Also used to like their pickle tray that came with the poppadoms esp the pickled carrot

Mrs Nirmal nothing but a con artist I could never understand why Martin Dawes of the Sheffield star always gave her a good write up.

Mrs Nirmal nothing but a con artist I could never understand why Martin Dawes of the Sheffield star always gave her a good write up.

Presumably he was on expenses. If your boss is getting ripped off instead of you it may make you see things differently.

Presumably he was on expenses. If your boss is getting ripped off instead of you it may make you see things differently.

Yes but on some of his other reviews he often gives negative write ups so your theory does not add up! Unless Martin actually liked Mrs Nirmals curries I do remember the walls of her restaurant was plastered with cuttings of his write ups dating back 25 years.

Edited by allwednesday

I agree ... try this, try that she says ... and it all goes unwittingly on the bill, served up by an elderly, overweight pushy lady with bare midriff which resembles well chewed bubblegum. Yuk, if that wasn't enough to put you off? As for Martin Dawes ... well, not a lot to be said really, thought he'd retired, if not he should do!

I agree ... try this, try that she says ... and it all goes unwittingly on the bill, served up by an elderly, overweight pushy lady with bare midriff which resembles well chewed bubblegum. Yuk, if that wasn't enough to put you off? As for Martin Dawes ... well, not a lot to be said really, thought he'd retired, if not he should do!

Ha ha! It's Dawes fault we all ended up at nirmals in the 1st place telling us how good it was! I think Dawes still does some reviews but Jo Davison does some as well.

Edited by allwednesday