Kwik Fit Penistone road Excellent Service

Just had excellent service by Kwik Fit on Penistone road Hillsborough.

It's rare to get praise for doing things right these days and as I work in a similar environment for 22 years where customers need to trust the company that are doing their service or repairs it was nice to receive the same enthusiastic level of service I try to give myself.

My car is an old VW and a bit of a heap to be honest so after recently changing the suspension and replacing all worn parts with new ones I knew the alignment was out, I called in this morning and asked about it doing and was asked if i could pop back later which i did, 30 minutes or so later the job was done.

The staff I dealt with were all attentive & enthusiastic throughout and the car feels superb again now.

I'll be ordering my winter tyres from them too as their prices on those also seem fair.

Thanks and i'll be back

Kippy.

Just out of interest what did this wheel allignment cost? Years ago i got my gf's car serviced by kwikfit. Not hills branch though. never again.

Hi there, £65 altogether which is very reasonable, I paid £85 4 years ago at another Sheffield company but unfortunately they wouldn't let me book it in there which is just stupid as far as i'm concerned, I even offered to pay a deposit but they wouldn't let me.

I'm glad though as I got a great level of service for less at Kwik Fitonce i knew they did 4 wheel alignment.

I do servicing myself as i've owned the same type of car for over 15 years now so am familiar with them.

I guess servicing is a bit of a lottery really with some companies but if i wasn't capable of servicing my car myself i'd probably try them & see how they do.

Just ordered some winter tyres from them now too :)

Seems you caught them on a good day considering the many complaints this company gets and have been investigaterd on the BBC.

Maybe but I bought winter tyres from them for my partners car last year as the price was the best from all the online companies and the sevice i got then was just as good even for just having tyres fitted they were enthusiastic.

I guess we have to take into account just how many folk use these type of places so complaints are always going to be more due to the higher volume of customers.

I can only ever go on my own experiences though which is why i like to share receiving good service as well as bad. :)

We tend to avoid Kwik Fit but have used them when needing work done on short notice.

One time was a Sunday and we needed 2 new tyres and the tracking doing (just had a puncture), they seemed to pretty much be the only option but they got the job done, even travelling across town for us to get the tyres we needed from another branch.

The second time was when we had a nail in a tyre, again on a weekend and this was just before we set off on a long trip. They repaired the tyre quickly, and saved our arse.

I would not trust them with servicing tho. No way.

I have the same feelings. Prior to Blackcirles and other online tyre suppliers, Kwik Kit's Arrowspeed was a fairly decently priced and good rated budget tyre, always in stock and quickly fitted.

Kwik Fit also fixed for free an exhaust badly fitted by another certain company and was knocking and rubbing against the fuel tank. I shan't name them but lets just say they Challenged my patience! They wouldn't sort it because they were "busy and closing early to go to a mate's wedding".

But I wouldn't trust them for MOTs or servicing.

Is 65 for wheel allignment the going rate? Wow for 30 mins work that seems steep

Is 65 for wheel allignment the going rate? Wow for 30 mins work that seems steep

Depends weather they need to make adjustment etc, I can assure you it's a pretty good competitive and it'll save more money on your tyres wearing out in the long term. :)

Isn't thee something new (or proposed) in the MOT about cars holding a straight line when the brakes are applied.

Surely they'd fail if they can't drive in a straight line in the first place?

I paid £15 at my regular garage for tracking and its spot on.

It did drive in a straight line and braked in a straight line but just because the alignment is out it wont always veer to one side, it'll just cause premature wear to tyres hence why it needed doing. :)

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 16:45 ----------

I paid £15 at my regular garage for tracking and its spot on.

Maybe but they will not do a 4 wheel alignment check & adjust camber for that price.

Tracking is the easy bit :)