Is it time for more child free areas?

I personally cannot think of anything worse that plonking my child in a soft play area. I like to interact with her and go to places where we can spend time as a family. We occastionally like to go out for something to eat at the weekends, usually later than normal as it is my daughters weekend too and its nice to have a break away from normal routine. I certainly would never avoid somewhere just because I thought she might disturb other people!!

Yet I get told off for having a loud drunken conversation outside a house that might have kids in it. I'm taking a leaf out of your book.....

I personally cannot think of anything worse that plonking my child in a soft play area. I like to interact with her and go to places where we can spend time as a family. We occastionally like to go out for something to eat at the weekends, usually later than normal as it is my daughters weekend too and its nice to have a break away from normal routine. I certainly would never avoid somewhere just because I thought she might disturb other people!!

This attitude is exactly what annoys people.Selfish could not care less about others is just what we expect nowadays.What a pity you can not pick out this type of parent at the door of a establishment and not allow them to enter along with there squarkers,unless there little darlings were on the menu.

Its the adults that act like children but don't like children that are the real pain in the a**e.

Just wondering if it's time more institutions in Sheffield started to enforce a no child policy. On many occasions a nice meal has been ruined by a screaming baby or a toddler having a tantrum or just behaving poorly. So is it time more venues in sheffield started enforcing a no child policy after a certain time. I'm talking cinemas and restaurants.

PS. By child I mean anyone under 12 years of age.

Can't say I've ever suffered from this problem. Go to films that are appropriate for adults and children shouldn't be in them.

And screaming children aren't something I've noticed commonly in restaurants.

This attitude is exactly what annoys people.Selfish could not care less about others is just what we expect nowadays.What a pity you can not pick out this type of parent at the door of a establishment and not allow them to enter along with there squarkers,unless there little darlings were on the menu.

Hahaha I will take my 'little darling' wherever I please if I am paying!

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 15:46 ----------

And out of curiosity, which establishments would you be referring to may I ask?

Theres nothing worse when one is enjoying a morning coffee when the peace is disrupted by a screaming child and a yummy mummy. Not even the hounds of hell can match the hellish noise created by a yummy mummy and her screaming child.

Woe betide if one was to fart as I did this myself. The yummy mummy on the next table (plus screaming child) were making a noise so I farted and spoiled their morning out at the coffee shop

Now if children were banned from coffee bars, this would solve the problem.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 15:49 ----------

Hahaha I will take my 'little darling' wherever I please if I am paying!

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 15:46 ----------

And out of curiosity, which establishments would you be referring to may I ask?

Madam, you are selfish

Theres nothing worse when one is enjoying a morning coffee when the peace is disrupted by a screaming child and a yummy mummy. Not even the hounds of hell can match the hellish noise created by a yummy mummy and her screaming child.

Woe betide if one was to fart as I did this myself. The yummy mummy on the next table (plus screaming child) were making a noise so I farted and spoiled their morning out at the coffee shop

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 15:49 ----------

Madam, you are selfish

I am selfish because I enjoy taking my daughter to places, which I am paying for, because other inviduals dont enjoy been around children....yawn! I am not prepared to stick my child in a soft play area nor take her to a fast food restaurant to please other people if thats what you mean.

I work full time, so I have do not know of these coffee mornings you speak of!

Maybe YOU should stay at home and have a coffee in peace then!?

When one goes into a restaurant, then one expects certain standards.

Children are like a puppy dog or a kitten, they will do the unexpected, they see no danger because they are a child. I would no sooner take a puppy into a posh restaurant as I would a child.

Its as sensible as taking an OAP into a play area

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 16:05 ----------

I am selfish because I enjoy taking my daughter to places, which I am paying for, because other inviduals dont enjoy been around children....yawn! I am not prepared to stick my child in a soft play area nor take her to a fast food restaurant to please other people if thats what you mean.

I work full time, so I have do not know of these coffee mornings you speak of!

Maybe YOU should stay at home and have a coffee in peace then!?

Well thats a shocking attitude, I want a coffee I don't want noisy brats throwing tantrums :rant::rant:

When one goes into a restaurant, then one expects certain standards.

Children are like a puppy dog or a kitten, they will do the unexpected, they see no danger because they are a child. I would no sooner take a puppy into a posh restaurant as I would a child.

Its as sensible as taking an OAP into a play area

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 16:05 ----------

Well thats a shocking attitude, I want a coffee I don't want noisy brats throwing tantrums :rant::rant:

Well maybe you should complain to the owner of the said coffee shop next time, of the SHOCKING behaviour of the 'noisy brats'...

On the buses would be a good start.

On the buses would be a good start.

Agreed, they should get off their lazy backsides and drive themselves to school/dentist/hospital appointments.

Yes, in McDonalds or some other fast food place.............

Those are the last places parents have any business taking children.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 16:35 ----------

and farty people